3DCoat Forums

a file don't open!!! not enough memory!

• Advanced Member

Hi all!

advanced with my work on this project last night, I wanted to open my file tonight and I did not come because of a memory error, my machine does not have enough memory ... :unsure:

I managed to save it yesterday but today not open file!! :huh:

someone could help me open it on his machine and re-register file into several layers .3B :D

thank you in advance to people who could help me because I spent time time on this sculpt! :brush:

(info for the file size almost 100 Mo)

you can download my file on this link :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16416669/centarien.3b

++Chris

post-1878-0-29383900-1310891263_thumb.jp

post-1878-0-25451100-1310891250_thumb.jp

post-1878-0-90063400-1310891294_thumb.jp

• Reputable Contributor

If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can often prevent this problem by using the READY BOOST feature in Windows, using a thumbnail/flash drive and assigning it to READY BOOST. It acts like a high speed Pagefile, and has helped me with this problem on laptops.

EDIT: I tried to help you out on this, but when I tried to save the shoulder Skull thingies, I got OOM crashes too...and it was only using 6 out of 16GB's. I filed a bug report with Andrew about this.

http://www.screencast.com/t/DJ5c8LS7HeZo

• Advanced Member

I'm on a central PC, no laptop and I'm on Windows XP Pro 32bits, I think my machine is not powerful enough to open it all, that is why I ask the help to open it for someone to save in several files!

so thank you for your help :)

++Chris

• Advanced Member

thank you AbnRanger, can you transmit or make available the file without the skull shoulder if you can save it.

For the bug, I think it comes from the function of "instancer", I had already spotted a bug that was fixed by Andrew, but perhaps there are others on this feature, because when I was working, I had a display problems only on this layer ...

++Chris

Hi!

I have opened your file, and checked it out. Everything seemed OK. I didn't try saving with the instanced object though, I deleted it straight away and was able to save with no issues. I've also uploaded it for you so you can resume your work. :)

Here is your file:

http://javisjones.com/Content/centarien-B.zip

I like your sculpt! It is really nice looking! Excellent hard surface sculpting there mate. :clapping:

• Advanced Member

Hi geothefaust,

I'm glad too fast, I can't open the file you have available to me :( ... I have the same error, I will send the report to Andrew through the file. 3dcoat html when he met a bug or other ...

so thanks for your help!!!

cheers

Chris