3DCoat Forums

Per Pixel Memory Leak?

BUILD: 3.5.23 Cuda (GL & DX)

HARDWARE: (If applicable) Intel Core 2 Quad CPU9450 @ 2.66GHz 8 GB RAM NVidia Quadro D 1GB memory

BUG DESCRIPTION: Per Pixel Memory Leak

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

I'm attempting to work on a model (43K polygons) with 17 materials (17 UV tiles). The textures rage in size from 256 - 2K (5-2K, 7-1K, 2-512, 1-256). Memory and performance seems ample at first, but soon depletes until system and program freeze. This can happen even when not painting or adding layers.

Any insight is appreciated. (deadlines!)

Ken

Excuse for late reply. It couls be good to provide me mesh (I will keep it confidenially) for ease of reproduction of the issue and fast fixing.

Hi Andrew,

What is the best way to submit this file to you? It's rather large.

For the record, I had this problem today with a simple per-pixel paint model and one 4k texture. The problem happened more frequently on the larger model.

The only other bit of information I can provide is that I work with a 3D connexion space navigator controller

Thank you for looking into it.

Ken

Hi Andrew,

What is the best way to submit this file to you? It's rather large.

For the record, I had this problem today with a simple per-pixel paint model and one 4k texture. The problem happened more frequently on the larger model.

The only other bit of information I can provide is that I work with a 3D connexion space navigator controller

Thank you for looking into it.

Ken

All I need - example OBJ file that meets problem quickly enough, no need in 3B file if it is large.

+ instructions what you usually do or how to run to hang asap.