3DCoat Forums

Material Transparency

greenViolet

• 1 year later...

transparent all painted model:

erase zones of layer0 -warning note: just erase painted grey content... do NOT delete layer-

Transparent voxel layer: make a new shader

Use default layer like base mesh

RMB construct new shader

opacity:

1 is full opacity

0 is full transparent

• Contributor

I don't do this type of rendering in 3DC, I typically do it in a more advanced render engine like messiah, etc.. Just my two bits.

I bought Messiah Studio 5 a while ago for like $50 (they had a special sale) but I have never used it since! I really wanted to try it out, but I couldn't find any tutorials of any kind anywhere about it (except maybe a few for advanced users on Youtube). Now you mention rendering with it, and I'm thinking I want to try that out. Do you know of any tutorials for beginning users of Messiah anywhere? They don't have any on Digital Tutors, and I can't find any books about it either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I bought Messiah Studio 5 a while ago for like $50 (they had a special sale) but I have never used it since! I really wanted to try it out, but I couldn't find any tutorials of any kind anywhere about it (except maybe a few for advanced users on Youtube). Now you mention rendering with it, and I'm thinking I want to try that out. Do you know of any tutorials for beginning users of Messiah anywhere? They don't have any on Digital Tutors, and I can't find any books about it either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hi!

Yeah Setuptab is the best place right now, also http://www.usefulslug.com/ has some really good stuff (plugins, a tutorial). He's the guy that made the autorigger for messiah.

• Like 1

No problem! He's also posting regularly on the Setuptab forum helping folks out with all sorts of stuff. So if you have specific questions for him, I'd hit him up. He's got a good mind for messiah.