3DCoat Forums

Hi...been using 3d coat for making 3d concepts for a while. I usually do a Zbrush and Photoshop pass as well, just for sake of speed. Here's a few recent hard surface tests. Hope you guys like them:

- Pete

Valve Software.

post-7002-0-04278200-1313710709_thumb.jp

post-7002-0-77848100-1313710718_thumb.jp

post-7002-0-10143000-1313710749_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Nice hard surface work!!!

Suprised! I would have thought you would have gone batshit making a monster/zombie type creature using 3DCoat, knowing your previous stuff.

Nice hard surface work!!!

Suprised! I would have thought you would have gone batshit making a monster/zombie type creature using 3DCoat, knowing your previous stuff.

Yeah...I'm going batshit in that way too definitely! Just having fun figuring out hard surface stuff because I haven't done as much of that in the past.

Excellent. And interesting, inspiring forms here.

Have you retopo them? Or just exported?

:clapping:

I have retopo'd others...these are all just whipped out for the purpose of the 2d image, so not on these. Also I'm exporting dense quads for 3d printing...check out the attached image...

post-7002-0-53055300-1313778700_thumb.jp

Nice work dood.

fyi, I've been doing lots of the little details like you've painted on in your paintovers with a high rez vox layer. obviously if the whole object were at that resolution it would be too slow, but I get around that by making a low resolution vox layer with my shape and then make a new emtpy vox layer that has been res+ to 4x. I then draw my rivets, copy details etc. as long as there aren't too many bolts rivets etc, it's still reasonably responsive. now if only a vox layer could be set to subtract...

Ah...good idea..I'll try that.

Hi...been using 3d coat for making 3d concepts for a while. I usually do a Zbrush and Photoshop pass as well, just for sake of speed. Here's a few recent hard surface tests. Hope you guys like them:

- Pete

Valve Software.

Pete,very very nice artwork!There are so few interesting images in this forum.It looks that only novices post images,I don't

know why.Where are the Great Digital Artists?Only with Zbrush?

Sorry for vent.Anyway Pete you have a very good use of voxel sculpting,composition etc...

I read Valve Software...Something related to Half Life 3 ;) ?

Pete,very very nice artwork!There are so few interesting images in this forum.It looks that only novices post images,I don't

know why.Where are the Great Digital Artists?Only with Zbrush?

Yeah, in zb forum only. Not even in sculptris forum, though a more advanced than in 3dc forum level there.

I don't believe that it's the superiority of zbrush against other apps. Of course, zb is always close to an artists needs, especially the tools. But it isn't a convincing explanation.

I always believed that the real power of an application is its community. Zbrush is a very powerful app, though with a commercial ridiculous style sometimes. "monsterology' :drinks:

Also I'm exporting dense quads for 3d printing...check out the attached image...

dense quads for 3d printing? Joking right? You need a decimator for this. Some kind of converter, a helper app. Or you probably use zb decimation master on this. A great tool BTW!