3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
L'Ancien Regime

Un Fauteuil

Totally done from scratch in Maya, 3d Coat, Photoshop and rendered with Maxwell. And it's a bit too clean looking so I'll be dirtying it up a tiny bit with some ambient occlusion and maybe some low level bump maps..

OK and this is with the normals on the back upholstery flipped to their proper configuration.

post-3590-0-80633100-1314058071_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Very nice! Almost a shame to "dirty" it up but you can have a before and after or tell a story of a chair's journey from the Hotel Royal to a garret. :clapping:

Excellent modeling - texturing :clapping:

But I already found what's wrong. You probably used normal maps, right? Well, on the back of the chair these are inverted alright. Maya-maxwell, hmm, I'm not sure what format in 3dcoat export preferences you have to use. A LW, or a Maya compatible?

Edit: a second look on this. Probably maxwell is trying to indirect light these areas. It isn't too convincing though. Something is wrong.

Excellent modeling - texturing :clapping:

But I already found what's wrong. You probably used normal maps, right? Well, on the back of the chair these are inverted alright. Maya-maxwell, hmm, I'm not sure what format in 3dcoat export preferences you have to use. A LW, or a Maya compatible?

Edit: a second look on this. Probably maxwell is trying to indirect light these areas. It isn't too convincing though. Something is wrong.

You're right...that happened going back and forth from 3d coat to Maya I think.. Man, you're sharp

Thanks

Maybe the lighting problem is partly because of my simple setup

post-3590-0-25483200-1314030055_thumb.jp

Sign in to follow this