3DCoat Forums

a cool 3DCoat-Zbrush video by Peter König

artman

• Contributor

Thanks for this, I already posted this link to zbrushcentral.

Lot of wows these days, I did it just for having an overall view.

But as we use to say in greece, knock on a deaf's man door.

Its okay that there is so many wows for Z4R2,dont be so pessimistic about that.Wows have good energy to them.

Tiny Christmases for us Cg geeks. :)

Some people have already Zbrush license so buying 3Dcoat would be an additional expense for them.

But I still think that you can SO MANY things with 3DCoat that its an essential toolbox to have as experimental as it may be sometimes.

Some stuff are just much stronger in 3DCoat especially in the subtool/subobjects area

ex:parenting,instancing,transforming multiple subtools at the same time,custom symmetry planes....

• Advanced Member
Wows have good energy to them.

I'm not sure

But I mostly agree on all your other thoughts. Just a spontaneous direct cut [E] key looks great to me.

This may be possible in new zbrush now, we'll see about it. But what counts is this spontaneous art acting.

Tools in zb are very close to artists needs. But, some tools in 3dc are also beautiful.

I love to start sculpting with methods close to an abstract composition. It's crucial to me. 3dcoat provides the tools on this stage. No other app.

I may like to continue in sculptris or zbrush. No problems here. I may like to come back in 3dcoat.

All these are possible via 3dcoat's positive view on a plethora of workflows. Let's not forget this.

3dcoat, the swiss army knife. I didn't like it. Maybe the critic was right after all. More right that he thought.