3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
probiner

Battle Golem

I don't know what you are talking about, but it does look a bit Tron'esque. But it was rendered in Lightwave.

It's just stacks of textures: Diffuse, Normal, Specular Color, Specular Glossiness, Opacity, Self-Illumination.

Cheers

Like this a lot. Nice color theme. And that glow really suits on the character. Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks! I made the model, but the concept art was given to me. So thats not my credit =)

Cheers

great stuff!! ...but... all workflow could have been done entirely in 3dcoat! :brush:

++Chris

great stuff!! ...but... all workflow could have been done entirely in 3dcoat! :brush:

++Chris

Thanks!

The simple answer is: No.

I'm not even saying it's a good workflow, it's just what i came up with:

-Block the Volumes and Proportions in Lightwave. With boxes cylinders and balls. This part is easly done in a traditional 3D package where one just has to push some points to change things and they are always there for new changes.

-Bring to 3D coat and booleanize every mesh with Voxels and Auto Topo. This way the volumes become one skin only.

-Meshmixer and Sculptris for sculpting. Sculptis because the Crease Tool and the workspace are fantastic. Meshmixer because the smoothing respects the shape, the brushes are volumetric and it has a great reduction tool. Both are with adaptive triangulation.

- Brought back to 3D-Coat for sculpt detailing that the other 2 lack of (rocky pattern, spline strokes, etc)

- Retopo in 3D-Coat. I see great room for improvement here, but whats there is already very good.

- Baking in xNormal of Normal and Occlusion maps, simply because xNormal gives you a cage so: Hard edges, flat areas and Waviness won't be a problem like they are in 3D-Coat. 3D-coat doesn't bake Occlusion map and xNormal doesn't do a proper Curvatures map so I baked each in its proper place.

- Painted in 3D-Coat. All good. Painting, I think, it's one of the strongest areas of 3D-Coat, if not the strongest.

So you see the long answer is still: No, it couldn't be all done in 3D-coat with the same ease :p:

But correct me if I'm long, always eager to learn.

Cheers

I like your workflow is very interesting, make the most of every opportunity for every package 3d, in order to facilitate the work ... very creative and make ...

great work here

Sign in to follow this