3DCoat Forums

Speed up painting?

laborpilot

Hey guys,

Been using 3dcoat for a while to simply paint textures onto spaceships for an rts mod I was working on, heres some of my previous work.

Northamption-class

http://www.moddb.com/mods/vermillion-sector/images/northampton-class-stealth-frigate#imagebox

ARMD-class

http://www.moddb.com/mods/vermillion-sector/images/umsf-armd-class-carrier#imagebox

Anyways, I found, when ever I tried painting onto anything larger then a 2048x2048 map, the brush would move at a snails paces, becoming an increadibly tedious task. Also, while painting on a 2048x2048 map, the resolution was really low even if the image I was painting onto it was really high and 2048x204 is a pretty decent map to begin with, so why the low res?. This has limited me to using this application only for a few low res rest rts models pictured above. I now wish to paint some simple ruined buildings and rusty cars for fallout new vegas, a 1st person game but dont know how to speed up the painting process, or increase the painting resolution without increasing the map size, what should I do?

I didn't understand about your Graphic card. Is it integrated?

Did you try to paint with simple brush (with red color, for example) on 4096x4096 map? How is it?

Do you make UV-sets yourself, or automatically in 3D-Coat (that may explain "low res" feel).

What size are those images that you are projecting color from? Maybe post them here with your model in OBJ

:)