3DCoat Forums

3DC Promotion

philnolan3d

We all know that 3DC has some really great, cool, features and tools. But does everyone else? Once the next big, stable, version is out I suggest we make a nicely edited promotional video. One idea could be that users submit short videos of them showing off the cool features on some of their best models. Then perhaps they could be put to a vote in a poll. The best ones get edited into a promotional video, with credit given to each user of course. Thoughts?

Yes, the next release will be a BIG one. We will have a "company created" video, of course - showcasing the most important features. Raul is already really talented at making video presentations of his developments.

But, users are surely welcome to make "usage" videos. We would ask that they not simply be "time-lapse" modeling videos with no explanation, - They should have some textual or narrated commentary, or both - and not be produced so that they are too fast to follow. The "time-lapse" kind of videos only work as "teasers" and are not very informative. We always want to educate as well as WOW. It saves time.

Of course, users have always been free to have their own YouTube sites to demonstrate 3DC any way they choose.

Greg Smith

Of course they can create their own, I thought this might be a good way to inspire them to create something. It's something fun for the community with the added bonus of helping 3DC. We did something similar when LightWave 9.2 came out, though it was more about finished renders there and it was just made by the beta testers. TOM "Exception" Bosschaert edited this.

• Advanced Member

Yes, the next release will be a BIG one. We will have a "company created" video, of course - showcasing the most important features. Raul is already really talented at making video presentations of his developments.

But, users are surely welcome to make "usage" videos. We would ask that they not simply be "time-lapse" modeling videos with no explanation, - They should have some textual or narrated commentary, or both - and not be produced so that they are too fast to follow. The "time-lapse" kind of videos only work as "teasers" and are not very informative. We always want to educate as well as WOW. It saves time.

Of course, users have always been free to have their own YouTube sites to demonstrate 3DC any way they choose.

Greg Smith

When can we expect the next BIG release (ballpark figure)? what number will it be? Will there be a fee charged to those that already own 3d Coat or will it be free etc etc etc..

When can we expect the next BIG release (ballpark figure)? what number will it be? Will there be a fee charged to those that already own 3d Coat or will it be free etc etc etc..

The next pay version will 4.0 I have not heard a date for it though.

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool. I'm excited about any new 3D coat developments, especially after the new tools that Zbrush came out with a few weeks ago. I've been using both side by side and the speed up in workflow is amazing! In many ways, though, Zbrush is catching up to 3d coat. (In some ways, it's ahead, but that's a good thing.)