3DCoat Forums

I hope this time all multicore and wide memory range are fixed. PSD issues are also fixed. Occlusion calculation can be stopped and even applied at current state. Baking is also can be canxeled. The link is below:

http://www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-Coat-2-07-beta6C-en.exe

Thanks for a great help in multicore/himem testing! It is really helpful!

• Advanced Member
I hope this time all multicore and wide memory range are fixed. PSD issues are also fixed. Occlusion calculation can be stopped and even applied at current state. Baking is also can be canxeled. The link is below:

http://www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-brush-2-07-beta6A-en.exe

Thanks for a great help in multicore/himem testing! It is really helpful!

Thank you Mr. Shpagin. :)

• Advanced Member

I found one bug :

i open the demo head, and set the carcass resolution to 190000

When i enter the sculpt mode, scu^lpt the model, then exit the sculpt mode, everyting works fine.

If i draw on the model with the pen or the expanson tool beforesculpting the model, 3dcoat freeze when i exit the sculpt mode.

I found one bug :

i open the demo head, and set the carcass resolution to 190000

When i enter the sculpt mode, scu^lpt the model, then exit the sculpt mode, everyting works fine.

If i draw on the model with the pen or the expanson tool beforesculpting the model, 3dcoat freeze when i exit the sculpt mode.

big thanks! found and fixed it.

Hi Andrew !

First thing, I wanna say BIG thanks to your hard work ,and unique support.

I made some multicore test in 2.07 beta6A

pc : Dual Xeon E5345 (2x4 core) , Quadro Fx 570 256M , Mem 4Gig (but Xp use only 2.5G w /3GB switch :(

when i paint, sculpt or smooth multicore worx well ,use all core, but cpu usage move up to maximum 50%

it is my low cost videocard fault ?

and a second things, when i switch active task to 3DB , the cpu usage move up to 15% and stay there. ( 1 core 100%)

kCS

sorry for my poor english

post-446-1204907509_thumb.jpg

I found two bugs :

When I load the wherewolf sample the Symmetry X and Z axis are not accurate! Y axis is fine. Seems it's due because the sample is not centered on the grid?

On this same figure I try to make some faces invisible. I click on this Icon then on the legs of the wolf. If i click with some frenzy on one of them the model is getting totally weird and broken! or sometimes 98% of the model is suddenly become totally hide when i click or double click on a part of the surface. Yesterday i found another bug that i'm not able to reproduce: after using the hiden tools i was no longer able to paint something on the model...

Otherwise the multicore feature seems to working fine on my computer !

Thanks to all for the great help in testing! I have updated the beta, all today's instabilities are fixed (exiting sculpt mode, loading some 3DB files). Manual id updated, installer is multilingual now (Japanese will be included slightly later, in 3-5 days)

http://www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-Coat-2-07-beta6B-en.exe

• Advanced Member
Thanks to all for the great help in testing! I have updated the beta, all today's instabilities are fixed (exiting sculpt mode, loading some 3DB files). Manual id updated, installer is multilingual now (Japanese will be included slightly later, in 3-5 days)

<a href="http://www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-Coat-2-07-beta6B-en.exe" target="_blank">http://www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-Coat-2-07-beta6B-en.exe</a>

I tried loading the same files(.3DB) with this new beta, it got stuck at 97% and its say "Not Responding" . its using 437 MB of ram, cpu at 68%. :o

I think i'll have to revert back to the older beta for now.

EDIT: i can't revert to beta 4/5 because its not on my harddrive, and the download link is down for those. OK i'll wait for new beta version, hopefully it address the loading issue.

I tried loading the same files(.3DB) with this new beta, it got stuck at 97% and its say "Not Responding" . its using 437 MB of ram, cpu at 68%. :o

I think i'll have to revert back to the older beta for now.

EDIT: i can't revert to beta 4/5 because its not on my harddrive, and the download link is down for those. OK i'll wait for new beta version, hopefully it address the loading issue.

Have you tried again? Does it stops at 97% again?

• Advanced Member
Have you tried again? Does it stops at 97% again?

Its so weird, now it works. I load it, it gets stuck at 97% for a few seconds, it says "not responding" then it loads the mesh , status changes to "running". :lol:

Only think i did different this time, is rebooted my computer after install. lol. So, i loads fine now.

I had the same problem Sonk, except mine got stuck at 99%. I restarted it and it seems to be working fine now. That was strange, though.

Also if you let it load,then switch to using a web browser , it stay stuck at 97%/99% and it actually finish loading your mesh, however the 99% doesn't update to "done" until you click on 3D-brush again. This has been the case ever since i used 3D-brush.

• Advanced Member
I have ulpoaded the next build. I hope it will run faster and stably.

http://www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-Coat-2-07-beta6C-en.exe

I hope it will be the last beta build before release 2.07.

I only tested loadingt the mesh, and that works fine. Baking displacement works, pressing "ESC" to stop is a nice touch :)

• Advanced Member

Firstly these new builds are very impressive. The Threaded builds really are awesome.

Im not sure if I'm imagining it or if its really evident but I seem to have much better performance now under Vista 64 than I do in XP pro 32. I didnt expect 64 bit to make a dramatic difference except in memory.

Anyone else finding this??

One bug i want to report is concerning the fall off option, If you paint onto a mesh with falloff enabled it is blending the colour channel incorrectly. I get a grey border around my brush strokes when i have falloff active.

This dosnt happen with all brushs but is definatly active on the default brown fabric brush that comes with 3d brush

On further inspection it seems like the brush is sampling the base layer which is grey and not accounting for what is allready painted on the current layer. if i create a new layer and paint over it again it really gets weird

• Advanced Member
Firstly these new builds are very impressive. The Threaded builds really are awesome.

Im not sure if I'm imagining it or if its really evident but I seem to have much better performance now under Vista 64 than I do in XP pro 32. I didnt expect 64 bit to make a dramatic difference except in memory.

Anyone else finding this??

One bug i want to report is concerning the fall off option, If you paint onto a mesh with falloff enabled it is blending the colour channel incorrectly. I get a grey border around my brush strokes when i have falloff active.

This dosnt happen with all brushs but is definatly active on the default brown fabric brush that comes with 3d brush

On further inspection it seems like the brush is sampling the base layer which is grey and not accounting for what is allready painted on the current layer. if i create a new layer and paint over it again it really gets weird

Maybe that problem is slightly different problem, but you select a brush something with a falloff, and set Color Channel to "use random between two" or "use randomly one of two colors". If you paint abit you'll notice it doesn't respect the alpha at some point. here is a gif:

painterrormw1.gif

• Advanced Member

Edit

Lol fixed allready :] thx Andrew

Sorry about the quality, the effect is visable all the same :]

[url="http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/RogerKnightly/?action=view&amp;current=somethingswrong.flv"][img=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/RogerKnightly/th_somethingswrong.jpg][/url]