3DCoat Forums

I would like a new tool that's a modified MOVE tool

L'Ancien Regime

• Advanced Member

I'm finding the MOVE tool to be one of the most useful tools in the Voxel tool box

I made this maquette with almost 90% move tool work

pewqy.jpg

But for certain specific uses it's a bit lacking. When i want to pull out a mass it tapers the mass out...I don't want that...I'd like the mass to pull straight out. The extrude tool just doesn't cut it for this. I would want it more like the EXTRUDE tool in maya polygons where you select polygons then just extrude them out in a mass.

5l1gK.jpg

What I'm proposing is a modified MOVE tool with a new name where you paint/select on the surface of your voxels then just pull the painted/selected voxel surface out the way you pull out the selected polygons in a Maya EXTRUDE. You could pull the mass out as far as you want without tapering off of the mass...it would also offer a more precise selection of the surface area you want to pull out than the present MOVE tool does..this new precision would make it much easier to say, just pull out an arm from the selected voxels of the shoulder area, then just pull out the forearm from precisely selected voxels of the elbow and have an angular bend at the elbow without any messy pulling of areas you don't want pulled as it does now..

Of course this may already exist and I don't know about it but if it doesn't I think this would be a very useful tool..

Thx.