3DCoat Forums

game level piece design.

rouncer

theres only 3d coat to thank for this, maybe I could make my own kit pieces, but id do that with 3d coat too, I actually need to work out how to do that in a semi decent fashion. Thanks everyone! :)

Ill be back with a game hopefully 100% created using 3d coat, ill have to finally purchase the program tho.

• Advanced Member

theres only 3d coat to thank for this, maybe I could make my own kit pieces, but id do that with 3d coat too, I actually need to work out how to do that in a semi decent fashion. Thanks everyone! :)

Ill be back with a game hopefully 100% created using 3d coat, ill have to finally purchase the program tho.

What game engine are you planning on using?

• Advanced Member

This would be a tuff retopo. Very interesting. Looking forward to the finish work!

I handn't thought of that. My own creation was excruciatingly difficult to retopo and it was nowhere near as complex as this. Hopefully it's made up of a lot of layers so that he can retopo them individually

• Advanced Member
Its easy to retopo (convert to triangles and textures) if you have the right software, I just plan on doing it automatically.

Great modeling work :clapping:

We'll see about that. LOL. It's the right way to go but... lol again. It's called suffering, I think. :clapping:

great work!, I'm using 3D Coat for similar :) You mentioned point clouds, are you rendering the exported data in an engine? Or just using the point clouds to construct a traditional mesh?

Also are you exporting your assets as individual prefab chunks, or just doing it entirely custom? (as seen in the screencaptures)

• Advanced Member

is there a game engine that runs real time point cloud data? Ive heard of a few in development but never seen one used yet. Otherwise this is going to be a pain in the neck to retopo/texture if you dont do it in a modular fashion and rebuild it in engine.