3DCoat Forums

Extrusion issue

vivi

• Advanced Member

I have noticed the artifacts that appear on the edge when using the and extrude before. If it's fixed in orthographic mode why do you get problems when not in that mode, this seems like a bug to me really and switching to another view type would be a workaround also so it would be much better if this could be fixed.

• Advanced Member

I also do all my extrusion type of work in orthographic mode and use the arrow keys on the keyboard to change xyz planes...

Press "5" on your keypad to change to orthogracphic mode.

I also did that...won't help..must be a bug in the new .27A

• Advanced Member

I have noticed the artifacts that appear on the edge when using the and extrude before. If it's fixed in orthographic mode why do you get problems when not in that mode, this seems like a bug to me really and switching to another view type would be a workaround also so it would be much better if this could be fixed.

ortho or not..doesn't change anything to me...

• Reputable Contributor

I also did that...won't help..must be a bug in the new .27A

I agree that it should be looked at, but I would recommend using the Posing tool for that. Choose "Select by Pen"...make your selection and then scale it. I use that all the time and works the same way you expected the extrude to work there. You could also use the clone or copy tool to copy that part > scale it with the transform tool or use the EXTRUDE from the right click menu in the vox tree panel. The Pose tool is actually the Swiss Army knife in the voxel toolset. It's the single-most versatile tool you can use, in my opinion...especially if you use the freeform deformation cage.

Another technique would be to use the Hide tool to select the part you do not want to extrude, then use the Right-Click > Extrude command in the Voxe Tree Panel or use the Transform tool to scale it. Then unhide and the hidden part will be totally unaffected.