3DCoat Forums

Symm copy command

ArBuZ

Hi!

While using this command in Voxels menu I couldn't find how to specify direction of copying. For example, if I have symmetry by the X axis turned on. And I press "Symm copy". How to specify if it should copy the volume from left to right or from right to left?

Thanks in advance.

Привет, Арбуз :)

Работает это след. образом. Допустим ты что-то скульптанул на левой или правой части и теперь хочешь симметрично это скопировать. Включаешь симметрию (до этого она была выключена, разумеется) и жмешь Symm copy. Она скопирует ту часть, которая была модифицирована последней.

Пробуй! Удачи!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I'm not sure if this is the right topic to share this, but I tought this workflow fits here..

Sometimes when I sculpt, I forget to turn symmetry on and I only have one half sculpted..

What I usually do is split the half I forgot to sculpt using the split tool and delete it.

Then using the instancer tool I mirror the axis I just deleted with "put instance in subtree" turned on so I can merge down the subtree in the voxtree.

Hope this tip can help anyone.