3DCoat Forums

2 questions about 3D Coat

curly

Hi,

When are you guys going to release some training on Digital Tutors? What holds most user back from using 3D Coat a lot more is the fact that there is not a lot of training available.

Most of us are subscribed to Digital Tutors or to other CG related training sites. Like Lynda or EAT3D or CMIVFX others. When are you guys going to get some training on those sites.

Another problem for me is the fact the user interface changes a lot when new tools are added. It would be better if the user interface stays more the same over different versions.

These are just polite requests. If you would ask someone in the industry what (I'm not a pro user btw) he would think about 3D Coat, most of them are impressed by the software.

YOU GUYS SHOULD WORK ON YOUR MARKETING EFFORTS A LOT MORE. 3D Coat would probably have a broader user base when doing that.

Those are just polite remarks.

• Advanced Member

If you would ask someone in the industry what (I'm not a pro user btw) he would think about 3D Coat, most of them are impressed by the software.

YOU GUYS SHOULD WORK ON YOUR MARKETING EFFORTS A LOT MORE. 3D Coat would probably have a broader user base when doing that.

While more Training material would certainly help users I think there is no recognizable connection to greatly increased sales.

The market has a only a limited given size, some competing programs are much longer in the market and are very well established.

Hey there,

I've got training as well. I'm not certain on the DT route, or any other middleman. Selling through someone else since working with kurv, has left a sour taste in my mouth every time I think about it, and am not fond of the idea.

As for the UI, like beat said, we've got some things moving in that area. :)

Marketing? We rely pretty heavily on word of mouth. Hopefully, over time, more users will have spread the word about it. Other than that, we have had some adverts on CGSociety and some other places.