3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.7 updates thread

Michalis, hopefully this time problem is easy to solve.

Probably you checked option Coarse (sharpen) mesh in export dialog

133199623917.jpg

Just uncheck it. Probably you checked it accidentally.

If you have not cheched it but mesh is coarse - then we will discover it deeper.

This option is elso present in retopo menu.

Hey,

You can go to the first page of this thread to find the most recent updates...it will install over top of your previous install. You can always re-install a previous version if you find it too unstable.

ouch... there is no way to install stable and updates at the same time... and to have 2 versions running ? :huh:

• Contributor

Silly little bug, I was screen sharing the other day with client and the old Paintroom refresh bug is back. The one where after baking the paint does not showup on the model but if you switch to the Render room its baked out fine. not only does the baked colour not show up but the brushes dont function. Saving the scene and restarting 3d coat sems to work every time with the scene loading as expected. and things functioning as expected.

Sorry i should say after merging, not baking.

Updated to 3.7.08 (Win)

- Specularity supported in voxel painting. Warning! You should re-assign default shader with RMB click over shaders panel to get it to work. If you still not able to paint specularity - delete MyDocs/3D-CoatV3/Shaders/Custom/ - but preserve imprtant for you shaders. All shaders was re-written, so older ones will not support specularity.

- 3D-Coat will support import/export of objects that use tiles instead of UV sets - like from Mudbox. Example - how it works - http://www.3d-coat.com/files/Import_tiles.png

- Fixed several problems in pose tool.

- UI adjustment (even longer menus will fit into screen) - bit.ly/zAIPas

- fixed problem of rectangle/lasso painting without antialoasing in some cases.

- fixed several important bugs that are hard to describe.

• Applink Developer

Nice to see Tile update. One thing about texture naming. Now when you export textures from 3d-coat it names textures like this:

Object_default_color.tga

Object_Tile_1_0_color.tga

When it maybe should be:

Object_default_color.tga

Object_default_color_1_0.tga

Thanks for the update Andrew! I really like the multiple UV tile support, awesome stuff.

haikalle, that would be good. Better still would be some user customizable naming defaults. Perhaps some kind of input in the options panel?

• Advanced Member

please explain a bit.

Using "rotate around current pick point" and activating sketch tool in the voxel room, when I try to rotate the camera the current pick point (pivot of rotation) is somewhere off the screen which results in unusable navigation. imo the current pick point should be set to the center of the sketch box. I have to switch to "Rotate around world center" for the sketch tool to be usable.

I thought I saw a Mantis bug report on it but I cannot locate it right now.

Something has irked me for a long time. The UI isn't saving the way I like it. When I first load 3DC there is a floating VoxTree panel that shouldn't be there and in the Voxel room there are two extra tabs for Model and Spline, while the two thatshould be there are blank. So every time I load 3DC I have to reload my saved workspace from the menu.

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for implementing wider support for the various UV tiles, much appreciated! I've been working with it extensively since you released the last build, and it's great, but there are a few niggling things, all centered around how it is implemented.

Basically everything boils down to, instead of importing the UV map exactly as is, it creates multiple UV sets and of course as you know, exports them out correctly by converting the name to their corresponding coordinate on the UV map. It's actually on the slower end when working with it in this form, and it's also difficult to paint on meshes that are in a different coordinate while using the UV texture editor.

So that said, do you think it would be possible to implement full on UV coordinates in the UV texture editor and in the UV editor/UV room? See the attached screenshot for an example. Thanks!

post-1232-0-30985700-1332397069_thumb.pn

Hi Andrew

If you are currently working on emmisive stuff it would be nice to add a post process glow effect to show it off in the render room

Is emissive stuff really on the roadmap or is this just a hopeful post? This is the first I've heard and it would be fantastic news, but I won't believe it until someone can share a link with more info. I hope it's true!

• Reputable Contributor

Is emissive stuff really on the roadmap or is this just a hopeful post? This is the first I've heard and it would be fantastic news, but I won't believe it until someone can share a link with more info. I hope it's true!

Here ya go. It is a few post down from the top plus a link to what the first test looks like in another twitter post...

http://twitter.com/#...!/andrewshpagin

Win/Mac/Linux builds updated to 3.7.08B

The only change is fixed Autopo that was not accepting density painting correctly.

3.7.08B expected to be stabe - at least better than 3.7.01B that is in regular downloads because many important bugs fixed there.

Next build (3.7.09) will introduce colored specular and emissive for voxels, ppp and mv.

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks for all your great additions and work on 3DCoat. There are so many ways now of using 3DCoat for creative work. Any plans on the improving the renderer inside 3DCoat in the future.?

No time frame, just curious...

I noticed on the download page that under the "List of Changes" that the last two versions are incorrectly named. 2.7.08B and 2.7.08A

Next build (3.7.09) will introduce colored specular and emissive for voxels, ppp and mv.

Thanks so much for bringing these features, I expect to use these all the time and I'm very happy to hear this is coming soon.

A couple questions though: Will it be possible to continue to treat specular as a monochromatic value? Will we be also able to use emissive in a monochromatic mode that multiplies against diffuse (or will it always be a color value)? Some game engines (like ours) packs specular, emissive (as a multiplier of albedo), AO and reflection factors into a single 8888 texture is why I ask; it would be convenient to be able to continue to author specular in monochrome mode and being able to manage the emissive channel in the same way would be helpful.

Thanks again for continuing to make 3D coat even more awesome!