3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.7 updates thread

• Advanced Member
The other is that if there are multiple vox layers everything is fine on the selected one but when the cursor is over any other one it goes crazy. In my video example the shoulder patch is the selected voxel layer:

I noticed this also in the 3.7.04A build, havn't noticed it yet in the latest build. Hidding all un-used Vox/LC layers stops it for me.

• Advanced Member

One thing you REALLY need for the Surface mode modelling is a "Smooth All" function similar to what you have in Voxel mode modelling, because you just cannot get smooth edges and details with any of the Smooth brushes. I have to change to Voxels, increase the mesh resolution, do a "Smooth All" a few times, them change back to Surface mode. It would also be great to smooth with a brush without loosing all the detail like edges.

T.

• Advanced Member

Pretty sure there is one.

Yup I just tried it, Smooth All under the Voxels menu. Works just the same in Surface and Voxel modes.

Yep, I tried that, but it doesn't give the same quality as the Voxel equivalent. Or maybe its just me...

T.

Ideal VoxPaint Pipeline: how it should work

Feature idea: Bake color from separate VoxPainted surfaces to a new merged surface.

Merge VoxPainted 3B-s into a new scene so they keep color when switched to surface mode.

Voxpainted 3B-s keep paint after voxel volume merge or BOOLEAN by using BAKE.

This is bake from multiple source models to one target model.

1. Create separate models.[A, B, C]

2. VoxPaint them in surface mode. Export these models as separate 3B files.

3. Create a "Main" scene. Import all the objects [A, B, C] one by one. Switch them to surface mode, they should KEEP their original VoxPaint.

4. Switch all objects to voxel mode. MERGE or BOOLEAN these objects together.

5. Switch the merged voxel volume to surface mode:

--- BAKE: Now 3D-Coat must convert the merged volume to surface and transfer paint from source imported VoxPaint objects [A, B, C] to the new merged object [D]--

Probably I will do in more easy way IMO - just option for layer to acquire color from the set of other layers.

It's a tick box under the Blending panel.

Ohh... Thanks i was looking in the blending modes dropdown on the Layers panel.

Hey Andrew... where Depth in material pop up setting went...? It's gone.... :) h/ post-2277-0-14717700-1328013219_thumb.jp

I've seen that happen before. It always came back after restarting 3DC.

• Reputable Contributor

3DCoat version 3.7.04C win 32 bit non-cuda beta

It appears you have squashed the mantis bug 0000473.

I will download and test the Linux 64 bit non cuda version.

Edit:

Linux version 3.7.04C 64 bit non-cuda beta appears to be fixed also.

Good job Andrew...

• Advanced Member

When filling "- more in cavity", the Material preview just shows the colour completely filling the object, not the colour in the cavities so you don't get a preview of what the fill will look like.

T.

• Advanced Member

I see that normal Fill painting in the Paint room has not been improved, it still takes over 20mins to Fill with "_ more in cavity", is there a way to carry the improvements from the vertex paint Fill over to the normal paint Fill on objects with maps?.

T.

• Advanced Member

One reason for that is Fill is still single-threaded. It's almost like the painful waiting periods when switching from Surface Mode to Voxel...before Andrew introduced multi-threading. Hopefully that will change.

Yep, its been like this for years...

Its much faster just to paint on the cavity.

• Advanced Member

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the update....

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the front page of this thread is showing.

Windows [3.7.04B]:

C is dowloading though...thanks again.