3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3D-Coat 3.7 updates thread

- New UI global feature - if you are changing something dragging mouse manually you may press SPACE and enter exact numerical value. Space has now double action - usually choose tool, but in tools where yo pressed mouse and drag something it allows to enter precise value. It is applied to gizmos, primitives, split ring tool in retopo room.

This doesn't work for me.

The 3d-Coat-V37-18C-SIMP64.exe installer is definitely bad.

I tried again this morning, on a different (fresh) PC. I figured that maybe it was just something about my PC or me being tired last night. Nope. Still the same error. Also, the v3.718C file size clocks in at 92.9mb compared to the 117mb of v3.718B version. That can't be right.

The 3d-Coat-V37-18C-SIMP64.exe installer is definitely bad.

I tried again this morning, on a different (fresh) PC. I figured that maybe it was just something about my PC or me being tired last night. Nope. Still the same error. Also, the v3.718C file size clocks in at 92.9mb compared to the 117mb of v3.718B version. That can't be right.

It sounds about the right size as there is no pdf manual included this time.

Even so, the installer on the SIMP64 version does appear to be broken. I've literally (re)downloaded it 6 times across a few different machines. One of those machines was just recently nuked. I know that it's not my main desktop. On each machine, the installer won't even get past that message I posted above. This is literally the first time I've gotten that message in the 3 years I've been using 3DC. Totally weird. I tried d/l-ing with and without a manager, but the result is the same. The SIMP64 installer seems effed. Anyway, I'm sure that Andrew will resolve it soon enough. No sense in driving myself crazy.

Thank you for the quick update to fix the problems in the linux and mac versions.

Also thanks for all your hard development work and will be purchasing version 4 when it is released. :good:

Mac&Linux 3.7.18C updated. SIMP64 WIN reuploaded.

Btw, all time limitations removed. Let us base on trust.

I really appreciate your trust....you can count on my support for version 4.

3d-coat is the only software I use for work that I also find myself using when I just want to relax and have some fun. It makes tasks that I used to find tedious or difficult to grasp simple and enjoyable. I'm also getting spoiled by your consistent interaction with the community and constant updates Andrew. Needless to say I too have already carved out a place in my budget for V4 when it's released, can't wait!

Sucessfully downloaded today as well, though my internet was a little spotty the last few days.

Btw, all time limitations removed. Let us base on trust.

Your kindness and trust in others never ceases to amaze me. :)

Definitely purchasing V4. Support is well deserved and I really want development to continue

Definitely purchasing V4

Of course. Count me too, though I don't use 3dc much these days. But staying close to 3d sculpting development, it's important to me.

Impressions from the last update: It works like a butter on my new ATI, on more than 15M meshes. (OSX build). I seldom use so dense single meshes anyway.

Trust in others is the best policy IMO. Counting even me LOL