3DCoat Forums

Gallery 3dcoat

chris_solo

• Advanced Member

Hello!! :)

forum member since August 2009 some know me, I would like to know how to get work in the gallery of the site 3dcoat? (I don't speak galleries forum!)

My work has always tried to show the power of sculpture 3dcoat ... I would have liked to know the selection criteria?

Here's of examples of my work

cheers

Chris

post-1878-0-02099000-1321117164_thumb.jp

post-1878-0-41241000-1321117173_thumb.jp

post-1878-0-06405800-1321117182_thumb.jp

post-1878-0-59227200-1321117191_thumb.jp

post-1878-0-05121300-1321117256_thumb.jp

• Advanced Member

I don't know for certain, but I guess it likely that Pilgway chooses images from the gallery forum from time to time. Plus they generally are finished pieces (textured, lighted and rendered).

thanks AbnRanger for your answer,

I agree, but some have only painting with 3dcoat, other than retopo and others like me that the sculpture ...

Maybe not like my style!

I don't think that hurt either, no give advice or other negative .... or maybe there is nothing to understand!

I think my work is potentially good.

++Chris

• Advanced Member

Thanks ggaliens, you're right^^

I will try to continue to have fun and try to give pleasure to others looking at my projects! thank you again for your kind words

I hope to one day be part of the great 3dcoat gallery...

++Chris

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks ggaliens, you're right^^

I will try to continue to have fun and try to give pleasure to others looking at my projects! thank you again for your kind words

I hope to one day be part of the great 3dcoat gallery...

++Chris

What I meant by them choosing ones that are "finished" is content that has been through the entire process and are good candidates for showing production quality artwork. I have a number of models that are highly detailed, but I don't want to submit as finished yet, because there is more tweaking left to do to them, when I can get them off the backburner and do so.

I would suggest taking those models to the next level and detail them to their fullest extent, including texturing, lighting and rendering (the last two may have to be done outside of 3D Coat, as it's renderer is pretty limited). Seems like you have the skill...just push yourself a little harder to make them the best you possible can.

• Advanced Member

ok! I understand the right way and I'll try to finish my projects that are best possible, textured and rendered.

that takes me the longest time is the retopo which is a part that I hate, even with superb 3dcoat tools , I spend about two days and a half on a character...that is why I'll not finish my projects, one day I also expect the automatic retopo will really powerful though,

although Andrew has made great progress over.

++Chris