3DCoat Forums

Hi!

I have done 2.08 beta1. The list of changes:

1) I have tried to make possibility to export layers as morphs. If you are exportiing LWO file morphs will be inserted into the file, if you are exporting OBJ, morphs will be stored as additional objects. To export object with morphs please press "Add morph" in export dialog. Then you should select the layer that will be used as a morph.

newexport.jpg

2) Incremental saving

3) Navigation style is slightly changed. The pivot point is a last picked point. Also you can pan using MMB without ALT.

4) Now you can import UV-set. It is important because somtimes you need to adjust UV-set slightly after you have drawn something over the object.

5) Bug with open edges of the mesh is fixed.

6) Pens, strips, masks, materials names are visible in hints.

The link is below:

http://www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-08-B1.exe" target="_blank">http://www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-08-B1.exe</a>

• Advanced Member
4) Now you can import UV-set. It is important because somtimes you need to adjust UV-set slightly after you have drawn something over the object.

Sweeeet! (and quickly implemented, as usual) ;)

Morph export looks handy as well.

Thank you, Andrew...downloading now to give it a whirl. :)

• Advanced Member
Great, just great, thanks! MMB navigation + incremental save = me happy B)

UV-set importing is cool, now i can adjust uv in uvlayout after startind to paint my mesh in 3DC.

Yup UV import is useful. I use it often in Mudbox. I haven't install the new beta yet, wonder what option UV import has if any? In Mudbox you can import base on Vertex ID or vertex position with threshold amount.

I'll give this beta a try. :( Had a harddrive died on me, I had to buy a new one and reinstall all my software and XP again.

• Advanced Member

Hi Andrew,

Nice work on the import/export of new model UVs (just tried your default head export, then re-imported with

new UVs without issue). Also notice you got pen alpha name in there with hover....thank you! :)

2 things I noticed:

- some issue with custom materials and their scale. If you zoom too close to the model (clipping?) the scale of the material

will go back to initial size (presuming you changed scale after loading it)...not a big deal, but something you might

want to look at as I also noticed that the scale of Masks seems to be huge to start and might confuse new users if

they select a Mask then can't figure out why pen strokes won't affect the model (not sure if the hiccup with Materials

and Masks are the same issue)

- also, is there some reason that the first and last letters of the Text tool are compressed and not uniform in size?

(perhaps user-error on my part, but couldn't figure a way to make the font uniform across the spline)

Looking good and perhaps it's my imagination, but memory consumption seems to be a bit less with this release. :)

Kind regards.

wailingmonkey

• Advanced Member

This version is very crash-prone in my machine. If I switch from 3d-coat window to another window, it hangs (that is, stops responding), it doesn't even go to the bug report routine...

I'm switching back to 2.07 for the time being :)

This version is very crash-prone in my machine. If I switch from 3d-coat window to another window, it hangs (that is, stops responding), it doesn't even go to the bug report routine...

I'm switching back to 2.07 for the time being :)

Have you seen the crash report in 2.08 B1 at least once? How many processors do you have? All this is very important for me to know.

• Advanced Member
Have you seen the crash report in 2.08 B1 at least once? How many processors do you have? All this is very important for me to know.

No, not yet. It seems to be related to the bucket fill function specifically. Intel Core2Duo E4500, Windows XP x64, nVidia GeForce 8400GS

I KNOW the fill tool gives trouble, I'll look around and see if any other tool hangs the machine too.

• Advanced Member

Hi Andrew,

My mistake about the text tool...I've only just now realized that the curve parameter

settings apply to text and now 'Picture along Spline' as well. My apologies :blush:

Evidently, I had the curve parameter set to 'sharp' (instead of 'uniform') and therefore

it was compressing both ends of the text (doh!).

Sorry for the false alarm.

wailingmonkey