3DCoat Forums

ian mckellen from mudbox to 3dbrush

Juan Carlos Montes

It's great that you get to do from a simple Mesh, it leaves me dreamer!

A big "bravo"!

---------

C'est extraordinaire ce que vous arrivez à faire à partir d'un simple Mesh, cela me laisse rêveur!

Un grand bravo!

• 2 months later...

How did you import the displacement map? I couldn't find this in the docs in 3d-coat.

Is it possible to import 32-bit FP displacement maps? Also, could you "mask out" areas of the displacement map within the 2d view? This feature would really serve me well as the current release of Mudbox only supports masking within 3d view. It would also be great if you could use 3d-coat to composite multiple displacement maps via layers and just mask out areas of one map that you didn't like and combine the 2 and export a cleaned up 32bit displacement.

-Rod

• Advanced Member
How did you import the displacement map? I couldn't find this in the docs in 3d-coat.

Is it possible to import 32-bit FP displacement maps? Also, could you "mask out" areas of the displacement map within the 2d view? This feature would really serve me well as the current release of Mudbox only supports masking within 3d view. It would also be great if you could use 3d-coat to composite multiple displacement maps via layers and just mask out areas of one map that you didn't like and combine the 2 and export a cleaned up 32bit displacement.

-Rod

to keep the details of your displacement map, set the carcass resolution to it's maximum, and the number of poly close to the polycount of your original model.

To import 32 bits disp maps, simply select "Zero level is black, not normalized as parameter when you import a map

you can also erase a layer a layer in the 2d view

to mask a layer, creane another one that will be used as a mask, in it's property tabs, set the transparency to 0, paint color to mask / unmask areas,

and finally, on the first layer, mask this layer by using the new one.

Great Ian McKellen Modeling :)

to keep the details of your displacement map, set the carcass resolution to it's maximum, and the number of poly close to the polycount of your original model.

To import 32 bits disp maps, simply select "Zero level is black, not normalized as parameter when you import a map

you can also erase a layer a layer in the 2d view

to mask a layer, creane another one that will be used as a mask, in it's property tabs, set the transparency to 0, paint color to mask / unmask areas,

and finally, on the first layer, mask this layer by using the new one.

Thanks! This makes it so much easier!

Great modeling of Ian also!

• 2 months later...