3DCoat Forums

Newbie to 3D coat - Questions

Doctor_Doom

I am an unemployed artist that has gotten out of college and I am looking at purchasing 3D coat for myself this year.

But I have a few questions -

1. Currently I am Unemployed what must I do to get the license at 99 USD?

2. Can I use this license to help me get a job or Start a business? (Currently I am looking at starting a small Business using 3D Coat and Blender)

3. If my business becomes successful in anyway do I have to upgrade to the pro license? or would I have to purchase the pro License to start out?

Now I am not looking to make allot of money from this business (Although that would be nice)

I am mainly looking at developing 3D Characters, Terrain boards, etc and getting them Printed for use for games such as Dungeons and Dragons, War hammer Fantasy, and the like. I really have nothing to loose but allot to gain depending on how you look at it.

Thank you for your time -

Ben Stanley

Hello Doctor_Doom, actually Educational license is available for everybody on conditions of no commercial usage.. If somebody purchased Edu license and then began to use 3DC for commercial purposes, he may just to buy upgrade Edu -> Prof for 250$ .

But in your case I can advise you to wait for Christmas discounts for Pro license coming very soon :)

I am an unemployed artist that has gotten out of college and I am looking at purchasing 3D coat for myself this year.

But I have a few questions -

1. Currently I am Unemployed what must I do to get the license at 99 USD?

2. Can I use this license to help me get a job or Start a business? (Currently I am looking at starting a small Business using 3D Coat and Blender)

3. If my business becomes successful in anyway do I have to upgrade to the pro license? or would I have to purchase the pro License to start out?

Now I am not looking to make allot of money from this business (Although that would be nice)

I am mainly looking at developing 3D Characters, Terrain boards, etc and getting them Printed for use for games such as Dungeons and Dragons, War hammer Fantasy, and the like. I really have nothing to loose but allot to gain depending on how you look at it.

Thank you for your time -

Ben Stanley

• Like 1

Hello Doctor_Doom, actually Educational license is available for everybody on conditions of no commercial usage.. If somebody purchased Edu license and then began to use 3DC for commercial purposes, he may just to buy upgrade Edu -> Prof for 250$ .

But in your case I can advise you to wait for Christmas discounts for Pro license coming very soon :)

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I want to stay up to date with 3D coat so is there a RSS feed that is updated regularly?

as for the Christmas discounts that is great! When can it be expected and How much?

Of course RSS is available on the main page http://3d-coat.com/ and there are RSS feeds on the forum as well

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php

Concerning Christmas discounts - wait a little bit and you will see :yahoo:

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I want to stay up to date with 3D coat so is there a RSS feed that is updated regularly?

as for the Christmas discounts that is great! When can it be expected and How much?