3DCoat Forums

Opening Wizard

jaf

• Advanced Member

Hi, I'm probably missing the obvious but...

I want to have the "opening wizard" (this is the name of it in the Quick Start 3.7 guide) display when I start 3D-Coat. I think at one time I must have un-checked the "show on startup" box.

I searched this forum using various keywords, like "intro screen, startup wizard, startup screen, opening wizard", but haven found it yet. Also, I've looked through the preferences a couple of times. I guess if I found and deleted the preferences file, it may come back as it creates a new (preferences) file.

Anyone know how to re-enable it? :(

• Advanced Member

Thanks Greg. I found this morning that loading my last preset also worked, which is essentially what you suggested, since I only made that preset to "tune" my 3D Mouse. Just came back here to respond to my question.

I guess it would be a good idea to save presets once-in-a-while -- it's easier sometimes than searching through menus/hot keys/preferences.

• Advanced Member

.... a little more information...

The line in the presets file that enables/disables the startup wizard is:

<AppOptions::ShowThumbs>false</AppOptions::ShowThumbs>

I don't see an actual checkbox in the preferences window to enable or disable the wizard. It seems there should be one since editing the preset file, loading a save preset, or restoring the defaults seems a bit much just to get that wizard to appear again.

Minor stuff though. :pardon:

• Advanced Member

To enable the opening wizard on 3DCoat's startup. Under Preferences select the boxes in the picture.

Yes, I do think it would be better to have only one check box and call it startup wizard.

Thanks, I wouldn't have guessed that meant the Startup Wizard.