3DCoat Forums

Sculpt Mode buttons

philnolan3d

I think the Sculpting Mode options need a better work flow. It feels like there's an unnecessary step to click the drop down, and then click the tool you want. I propose just a row of buttons so you can quickly jump between tools. For the tools that have additional options the window can expand below the buttons. I made a quick mock-up to show what I mean, see the attachment.

post-466-1206043437_thumb.jpg

I think the Sculpting Mode options need a better work flow. It feels like there's an unnecessary step to click the drop down, and then click the tool you want. I propose just a row of buttons so you can quickly jump between tools. For the tools that have additional options the window can expand below the buttons. I made a quick mock-up to show what I mean, see the attachment.

May be icons could be better (2 lines with icons, 5 icons per line), but now I have no someone who can paint icons.

Also hotkeys could be useful.

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member
Really, maybe it is better to put all this stuff in 2 columns (5 per column)

As Sonk mentioned in another post, it would be better if all these tools were included in "standard vector mode".

I offer myself to paint icons for free ;)

• 4 weeks later...
As Sonk mentioned in another post, it would be better if all these tools were included in "standard vector mode".

I offer myself to paint icons for free ;)

You gotta be careful going the "ICON" route, because if the icons are not clear, it actually makes the app more confusing. Perfect example of this is TRUESPACE. Roman kinda went "icon crazy" with it. It's hard to tell what anything actually does until you hover over them to reveal their functions.

Perfect example of this is TRUESPACE. Roman kinda went "icon crazy" with it. It's hard to tell what anything actually does until you hover over them to reveal their functions.

I find that with almost all programs that use icons.