3DCoat Forums

SurfaceMode Booleans Test

SYN7AX3RR0R

Hey,

Just wanted to say that i'm ipressed how well the surfaceMode booleans are working. My test was with 3d-Coat-V37-01B-CUDA64

I was working on a a full body sculpt in sculptris and along the way started the arms as a separate mesh. Tried merging it in meshMixer, but it was crashing all the time. Didn't really want to go through voxels as I really didn't feel like breaking the mesh density that i had in sculptris. Then I remembered I could import in voxels on a Surface Layer without voxelizing, thought of giving it a try. It worked flawlessly!!! Props on getting this working so well!!

I've later also merged the some hands i once modeled as a poly model. This really opens up a workflow for me using 3dc and sculptris.

Hopefully some day the brushes and the feel of 3dc surface gets to my liking some day. As one could have figured, i really like the feel of sculptris.

I'd attach some images but there's nudity, so out of respect to Andrew I'll leave it out. If anyone is interested they can check out my site, the girl sculpt.

Nice work Pilgway!

I have actually been having big problems with my model and boolean cutting, cutting objects would create them inside out. The same thing happened with the Cutoff tool, I eventually had to export the model and do it manually in LightWave, then import it back in with no voxelization.