3DCoat Forums

How to select part of voxel sculpt to scale or adjust proportions?

leeg

I love how quick it is to rough out the shape of an object before working on the fine detail.

I can't seem to find a way to adjust the proportions of my sculpted object except for scaling the entire object.

Is there a way to select part of the object and scale or move it, or can you only scale the whole object?

An example:

Lets say I rough out the shape of a character and then decide his legs are a bit to long, can I select just the legs or hide the upper body and then just scale the legs to make them shorter?

Lee g

• 10 months later...

This pose tool is great in Surface mode

but now i need to let stored the selection done, for use it after make some changes in another part of the model

im not talking about Save Selection -thats works fine-

Im talking about polygroups

Is there any workaround ?

ty in advance

4R4-42.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Contributor

There is also a Free Form mode in the pose tool that will put a lattice around your sculpt and let you scale it too.

Sorry for digging out an old post, but this... is... absolutely fantastic! Yesterday I cursed 3D Coat for not having a lattice deformer. And whaddya know! I find it today.

I guess a little bit of forum-searching never hurts. I would have never thought that it might be camouflaged under the Pose tool. :)

But how do I use it? Manipulating lattice points doesn't seem to deform the voxel volume. Am I missing something here?

20121122231720cr.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

It's in use in this video at about the 7min mark:

And here is a more detailed look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOGIgpIPNTE&list=PL0614F2A03AD725CD&index=12

We try to make the videos readily available on the Youtube channel. It is listed in the Tutorial section on this forum, on the main page under news, the video links on the mainpage, and under the tutorial tab on the mainpage. There is not much more we can do to get users to watch them.

• Contributor

"There is not much more we can do to get users to watch them." Actually, your habit of posting the appropriate video when a user is confused is an excellent way to get these watched. If I'm not familiar with the content, I always watch them when prompted in this manner. :D

• Reputable Contributor

"There is not much more we can do to get users to watch them." Actually, your habit of posting the appropriate video when a user is confused is an excellent way to get these watched. If I'm not familiar with the content, I always watch them when prompted in this manner. :D

Thanks. It's a hard balance to keep, between including as much info as possible, but go slow enough to not get people mad about it. Then, we all have limits on our attention span, so we have to keep it brief and concise. It's almost a "can't win" proposition. :D