3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 2.08 Beta2 is out. The list of features:

1) Fully customable hotkeys on almost every action. Press "End" over the action item and define hotkey.

2) New tool - put picture along spline

PutPixAlongSpline.jpg

3) Sculpt mode improvements - now pen pressure can change degre of action, not only radius. Action buttons rearranged.

4) several minor bugs fixed.

www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-08-B2.exe

• Advanced Member

Nice! that looks to be quite a handy addition. Played with it for a minute and first thing that

I thought of was that the falloff could use a bit finer control (this might be another handy

reason to have an actual falloff curve in addition to a slider as was suggested for the pen

alpha falloff). In order to remove the edging completely it seems to cut alot of the actual

texture out. I can see how this would work nicely with custom fills and cubemapping tho. ;)

Actually, it's pretty awesome at going around corners too.

Haven't tried hotkeys yet, but that will be very handy as well!

Nice work, Andrew.

:)

• Advanced Member

filling seems to be broken...brought a UV-mapped model in (and tried with default head),

tried to fill with various defaults and a custom image with both cube-mapping and

UV-mapping and all that results is an increase in depth and the chosen color---but no

patterns.

can anyone else confirm this?

post-475-1206332525_thumb.jpg

The spline tool seems very cool (and unique), and the Transform/Copy tool is working a lot better now. Nice work!

I'm having some trouble getting the symmetrical copy function in the clone tool to work. All of the clone modes (translation, mirroring, inversion, clone sector) work a expected without symmetrical copy enabled. Once I enable symmetry, though, the tool doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Also, is there a way to remap the hotkeys assigned to the popup windows? I mapped B to the brush tool (which worked) but it would also popup the color picker when I pressed it.