3DCoat Forums

Stylize Roman Armour

digman

• Advanced Member
Here's some of the emblems applied to the armour. It's looking more like a collection of armour types than roman now. The new wing and lion emblems started as pencil drawings. A 3d model was used for the vase.

Looks good, but good color\spec texture will make it really poops out. Looking forward to diffuse texture of good looking aged metal.

• Reputable Contributor

Hi all

I had to redo my existing model. Here is the current state of the new version,of course it's not done. I have enjoyed pencil sketching or painting using the computer to get the height maps for the emblems looking just right. The back of the Armour still needs to be done,plus color map and spec map. The pic. is from 3D-Coat.

Update: I thought I would give ya a quick render to show everone the amount of detail that shows up in a Carrarra render compared to the screen shot from 3D-Coat. It is very very close to being the same in detail level.Now this is not to plug Carrarra but to show how well the displacement map and normal map from 3D-Coat works to give you that sweet detail.

Carrarra settings:

Textures -------------------2048

subdivision level-------------4

Displacement

amplitude---------------------4

Baker normal map plug-in for Carrarra

post-518-1207362154_thumb.jpg

post-518-1207362460_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Howdy all

Here is the model rendered with it's color map and specular map. This is a render focusing on the armour. The intuitive and powerful features of 3D-Coat freed me up to strive for the idea I had in the beginning for the armour.Thank You, Andrew!

Artist David Blackwell

Modeled in Hexagon

Detail and Sculpting in 3D-Coat

Color,Normal,Displacement and Specular maps in 3D-Coat

Rendered in Carrara 5

post-518-1207507397_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Contributor
Howdy all

Here is the model rendered with it's color map and specular map. This is a render focusing on the armour. The intuitive and powerful features of 3D-Coat freed me up to strive for the idea I had in the beginning for the armour.Thank You, Andrew!

Artist David Blackwell

Modeled in Hexagon

Rendered in Carrara 5

Well done.

Congratulations.

Brian

• Reputable Contributor

OK, here is the Armour grunged up some. I reduced the specularity in the cavities. More dirt was added here and there in the cavities plus took away some of the blue since it is older armour now.

Artist David Blackwell

Modeled in Hexagon

Rendered in Carrara 5

post-518-1207632991_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

I added a little more punch to the image. The image is a little dark,that is for effect. Some postwork in Artweaver. Andrew you can use this one for the gallery if you like.

post-518-1208974696_thumb.jpg

• Like 1