3DCoat Forums

Loth

Deadman21

• Advanced Member
Looking good, Driders(or whatever she is) are cool :D. Out of interest why dont you use 3D brush's er Coats baking tools?

Let me explain. I do use the normal maps generated in 3d-coat. Carrara does not support normal maps natively. Carrara only supports displacement and bump maps. To use normal maps with Carrara I use the 3rd party plugin Baker which allows Carrara to use a normal map inplace of bump map. Hopfully Daz will add this in the future.

• Advanced Member

Here is the current state.

I have used the transform tools in the sculpt mode to pose her. I used the select with gradient and select with rectangle the best methods. I seemed to have trobles using the free transform tool. Overall the transform tools are great. I hate to rig characters and I mostly do static images and don't need animation. This is really like working in clay. Im not quiet done with her yet. Im trying to figure out an environment for her.

Rendered in Carrara 6.1.1 Hair using Carara's new Hair room.

post-488-1206842137_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

This is the final image for Loth (Spider Queen)

I did some specular work and minor tweaking to the pose so that she worked in the scene. The background was created in Carrara with some small tweaks in color to the rocks done in 3dc. Photoshop was used for the eyes. I really like using the transform tools in 3dc.

Andrew feel free to do as you like with this image.

post-488-1207080047_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
Good composition and work! It is interesting, was the landscape also painted in 3DC?

The background was done with a combination of Carraras procedral textures and displacement along with some painting aplyed in 3dc. First I built the background in Carrara added some displacement and textures. Then I was not satisfied so I used the Baker plugin for Carrara to bake the procedural textures to a texture map and brought the backgound into 3dc to add the finishing touches (spicifically the green mossy and some specular work in places). It turned out to be a great workflow.

• Advanced Member
Hello

It reminds me a my loved RPG/strategy game Spellforce

titan_darkelf.gif

a video

http://www.spellforce.com/?rid=1172〈=en&iid=9059

maybe you can use it for inspiration!

KEEP SCULPTING! Pavel

Cool, I got the idea after cleaning out some of my old AD&D modules specifically the Vault of the Drow. Yes im one of those oldtimers that played AD&D in my youth.