3DCoat Forums

I think it is final beta before 2.08 will out. This update fixes bugs mentioned int discussion about 2.08 B2.

1) Interface improvements. A list of pop-up windows is extended

Popups.jpg

2) Now you can re-define bigger set of commands

HotChangeList.jpg

3) LWO import improved. Now you can import LWO files with multiple uv-sets, but no more then one per face.

4) Th problem or "spikes" is solved.

Also I have made the first tutorial. It is very easy and describes basics of the interface. Many tutorials are coming soon!

www.3d-coat.com/files/Tut1/Interface.htm

The link to BETA3:

http://www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-08-B3B.exe

I loaded the model I had trouble with before and it's definitely a huge improvement. I feel like the algorithm or whatever used to smooth the mesh needs some work though. If you look at the attachment I have the same shot in LightWave and 3DC. The 3DC one almost looks like there are ripples in the geometry. I'm also noticing that even if I bring the mesh up to 20 mil polys I still can't get that default skin texture with any normal size. I have to make it really big before I can even start to see the details. Should I be subdividing my object before I bring it into 3DC?

post-466-1206680544_thumb.jpg

About ripples - set more degree of mid-poly mesh subdivision.

Got it, thanks. By the way, you may want to think up a different word to use instead of "carcass" It sounds kind of gross since it usually refers to a dead animal body.

A bug: The navigational controls don't always work correctly with a tablet. Barely touching them makes the screen zoom in really fast or spin around really fast, etc.

Got it, thanks. By the way, you may want to think up a different word to use instead of "carcass" It sounds kind of gross since it usually refers to a dead animal body.

A bug: The navigational controls don't always work correctly with a tablet. Barely touching them makes the screen zoom in really fast or spin around really fast, etc.

Maybe it is better to make speed of rotation/scale/pan pressure dependent?

I have updated the link to beta, most of all requests was done there:

1) symmetrical clone works

2) the list of input formats for pens/strips extended

3) "WhatToDo" is add to curved pictures tool

4) New mode of pen pressure reaction - decrease radius&transparency simultaneously

5) when you add new pen it becomes active

www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-08-B3B.exe

• Advanced Member

wow...fast implementation, Andrew! Still kicking it around a little and noticed

that the visual icons that indicate 'Draw with ... ' seem to be off by 1 (probably

with your newest style addition) after you have selected them.

Nice work on the freeze and alpha (now we can freeze with pen alpha's using

stamp mode-yay!)...not to mention all the other options we can put on pen

alphas. ;)

Also good to see the ability to erase with the same texture spline before laying

it down as depth/color/spec....thanks again for adding that. :)

cheers.

wailingmonkey

Thanks for fixing Symmetrical Clone, Andrew! It works beautifully now.

Correctly me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell it doesn't behave differently with the different types of cloning available in the option menu (translation, mirror, etc). It might make sense to move it up to the option menu as a separate type of cloning. I think that might be more intuitive for new users.

Correctly me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell it doesn't behave differently with the different types of cloning available in the option menu (translation, mirror, etc). It might make sense to move it up to the option menu as a separate type of cloning. I think that might be more intuitive for new users.

This idea have sense because it is not easy for new user to find symmetrical copy.