3DCoat Forums

2.08 is released. The list of changes:

1) I have tried to make possibility to export layers as morphs. If you are exportiing LWO file morphs will be inserted into the file, if you are exporting OBJ, morphs will be stored as additional objects. To export object with morphs please press "Add morph" in export dialog. Then you should select the layer that will be used as a morph.

newexport.jpg

2) Incremental saving

3) Navigation style is slightly changed. The pivot point is a last picked point. Also you can pan using MMB without ALT.

4) Now you can import UV-set. It is important because somtimes you need to adjust UV-set slightly after you have drawn something over the object.

5) Bug with distortion of open edges of the mesh is fixed.

6) Pens, strips, masks, materials names are visible in hints.

7) Fully customable hotkeys on almost every action. Press "End" over the action item and define hotkey.

HotChangeList.jpg

8) Interface improvements. A list of pop-up windows is extended

Popups.jpg

9) New tool - put picture along spline

PutPixAlongSpline.jpg

10) Sculpt mode improvements - now pen pressure can change degre of action, not only radius. Action buttons rearranged.

11) LWO import improved. Now you can import LWO files with multiple uv-sets, but no more then one per face.

12) The problem or "spikes" during import is solved.

13) You can change freeze preview type

FreezePrevTypes.jpg

14) Pens panel does not lags when first clicked.

15) Objects/interface thumbnails can be removed permanently

16) Eraser of the pen works correctly now.

17) the list of input formats for pens/strips extended (+psd, mclp), it allows to transfer library of pens in more easy way.

18) New mode of pen pressure reaction - decrease radius&transparency simultaneously

VarRadOp.jpg

19) The program has trial period 15 days and 2 type of licenses - professional (120$) and educational(89$).

The link is below (it will be valid for 48 hours)

www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2082-en.exe

*edit: the link is updated - baking tool improved, one stability issue in UV-tool fixed.

Andrew,

Other releases, and Betas, have loaded into the computer without a problem.

This one does nothing to change the Beta3 to 2.08.

Are you saying I have to buy 3D Coat---again?

Brian

Of cause you should not buy it again :)

Maybe you have installed it to other folder (not overwrite) and use old link on the desktop?

• Advanced Member
Of cause you should not buy it again :)

Maybe you have installed it to other folder (not overwrite) and use old link on the desktop?

lol probably, it has happen to me before. He can also remove the beta, and do a fresh install.

• Contributor

Andrew.

Unlike previously it "pretends" to overwrite but does not seem to.

I will try the idea of removing the old and installing as completely new--BUT I will scream if I have to go through a re-registeration exercise--again--again!

Brian

• Contributor
bwtr

I installed new version over previos beta without any problem, its just overwrited old files as always, also it keeps registration, so there is no need to do it again.

This is what I am still getting. (Never had on any installation of anything before?)

post-192-1207133098_thumb.jpg

This is what I am still getting. (Never had on any installation of anything before?)

This error can occur if:

1) 3D-Coat is run and you are trying to install it.

2) You have no administrative rights on computer

3) 3DC has suspended and you can't see it in tray, but it is run. (need reboot, or CTRL+ALT+DEL -> kill process)

4) You (or some program) have set read only attribute on 3d-coat.exe

5) virus has locked access to file

• Contributor
This error can occur if:

1) 3D-Coat is run and you are trying to install it.

2) You have no administrative rights on computer

3) 3DC has suspended and you can't see it in tray, but it is run. (need reboot, or CTRL+ALT+DEL -> kill process)

4) You (or some program) have set read only attribute on 3d-coat.exe

5) virus has locked access to file

Thanks Andrew.

I will get my son to look at it tonight when he gets home from work.

I know it's not the first one, and know of no chages that should have occured for the others.

Hope it's not a virus as have about as good a security set up as available.

Brian

• Advanced Member

Hello

Since there are now two versions of 3D Coat ,Educational and Professional can I assume that version 2.08

is the professional version,there is nothing about what version it is in the "About" box.

• Advanced Member
Hello

Since there are now two versions of 3D Coat ,Educational and Professional can I assume that version 2.08

is the professional version,there is nothing about what version it is in the "About" box.

I think the difference is in licensing, not in features. So I guess for the Educational version, you must send copies of your academic status...

• Advanced Member
Ok I bought a license for 3D Brush a few weeks ago so do I have the Professional license?

It is usual to find what version of software in the Help "about" box within the program.

Yes, you have a full Pro license, as anyone bought 3DC befoure Edu\Pro types of licensing where introduced.

But, with that said i'd sugest Andrew to add more version\licensing\etc. info to "about" box, in general users expect to find some specific information in "about" dialog.