3DCoat Forums

Adjusting Default Retopo Mesh Color

Tony Nemo

Hi Tony!

This doesn't exist, yet. I've put in a feature request for it in the past. You could probably bump the request or email Andrew directly with its importance. (I think it is rather important)

Here is the mantis report:

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=32

• 3 months later...
  • Reputable Contributor

+1

I feel like I'm tripping with all the color changes in the retopo mesh... :o

One color for the whole retopo mesh.

One color for polygons that are disconnected.

One color for the virtual symmetry side of the mesh.

These colors would be set from the preferences menu and changed when needed.

• Like 1

• Contributor

+1

I feel like I'm tripping with all the color changes in the retopo mesh... :o

Ha ha ha digman! You crack me up! :)

Anyways, I figured out how to at least change the color of mesh sections in the UV room (but you still can't choose the exact color you want):

In the UV room, if you use the "Add clusters" tool to click on parts of the mesh, they will change color without adding seams. Then switch to the "Mark seams" or "UV Path" tool to add the actual seams that you want. Not the greatest solution, but it helps...

• Reputable Contributor

I think the easiest solution for Andrew to implement would be to "Ghost" the Retopo mesh (leave it editable, of course) with a single (30% gray) color toggle/checkbox next to the Z-Bias one. The only time that the fruity colors come into play is when you are eating cereal...oops...I mean, when you are working in the UV subsection.

I agree, this is a real PITA. IMHO the ability to change both opacity and the colour of the retopo mesh is something that is really badly needed. I've also been asking for this for a long time... a long time. I hope this functionality will be added one day.

*** UPDATE ***

I've just noticed that in the recent beta build [6.07.2012] 3.7.14 Opacity of the retopo mesh can now be altered! This is great news, I've not tried it... will test shortly.

Big Thanks !!!

Cheers,

J

• 1 year later...