3DCoat Forums

Turning Symmetry Off

jaf

• Advanced Member

I'll probably feel a bit foolish after this post is answered, but....

How do I turn symmetry off? I can turn it on, move the plane, but can't remember the key sequence to turn it off.

In searching the forums, I find plenty of "turn symmetry off" and "toggle symmetry". Toggle, to me means if I go to the symmetry menu and click "Symmetry across X - axis", it will turn on, which it does. If I repeat this, it should toggle off. It doesn't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

If you don't see No Symmetry here you may want to reinstall 3DC.

Or just click the menu item Windows > CustomizeUI and turn No Symmetry back on so it's displayed (Edit: Go to the Voxel room first, or load a mesh so the symmetry menu is displayed). Make sure you press CustomizeUI a second time to lock things so they can't be changed again.

• Advanced Member

Or just click the menu item Windows > CustomizeUI and turn No Symmetry back on so it's displayed (Edit: Go to the Voxel room first, or load a mesh so the symmetry menu is displayed). Make sure you press CustomizeUI a second time to lock things so they can't be changed again.

Ah, thanks, that fixed it!

Kind of strange though. Is this a bug? Sure don't see it as a feature.

• Advanced Member

Ah, thanks, that fixed it!

Kind of strange though. Is this a bug? Sure don't see it as a feature.

If you're absolutely sure you didn't change it purposely or by accident, then it very well may be a bug. It's not one I've ever encountered though so I can't say for sure.

• Advanced Member

If you're absolutely sure you didn't change it purposely or by accident, then it very well may be a bug. It's not one I've ever encountered though so I can't say for sure.

No, I'm not sure, but I'm surprised the customization goes to the level of enabling/disabling partial menu items. Why one would want to only disable the "No Symmetry" is a bit puzzling. As you can tell, I haven't done much customizing in 3D Coat. :)