3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

Free stuff & extensions

Thank you!

Phil, Rapidshare tells me "You have reached the download limit for free-users. Would you like more?"

I am curious about it because I am only 3 days on new provider :)

Actually I guess I can just attach it to the forum post. I had a feeling Rapid Share's 10 download limit was going to be a problem.

zb_addon_tiff.zip

thank you phil, however these are 8 bit now, whereas the originals are 16 bit. I dont know if it makes a huge difference in 3DC if you use 8 or 16 bit alphas. In ZBrush it certainly matters, as 8 bit just stairs too much.

Oh OK I don't see an option in IrfanView for 16 bit. I tried them though and the 7 or 8 I tried all worked fine.

Thank you!

And very big thanks to erklaerbar!!!

Also I am seeking for (free or not free) pictures to use with PicMat shaders that look like

(they must be license free so that I can place it as a part of 3DC)

post-1-1233504688_thumb.jpg

ill see what free matcaps i find. I certainly have dozens however need to check first which ones look good in 3DC (as some are laid out to use with the cavity blending of two materials in ZB, which i think is not implemented like this in 3DCs picmat)

At risk of sounding stupid, what exactly is a matcap? I just read it's ZBrush's "material capture". But that doesn't really help in relation to 3DC. Is it just an image file? Like an HDRI spherical map? Is it something I could make myself without the use of ZB? If so, can it be tested in #DC, like just drop the file into a specific f9older?

artman, youre welcome :)

phil, yes absolutely, its in principle a chromeballshader (matcap goes a step further in capturing light information from images, however the shader itself is more or less the same). All you need to do is draw a sphere in photoshop and make sure it lines up exactly with the borders. Then you can save it as customsampler1.dds (id use the carshader as it has no cavity) in any of the custom shaders to replace the "material". Hope that helps

artman, youre welcome :)

phil, yes absolutely, its in principle a chromeballshader (matcap goes a step further in capturing light information from images, however the shader itself is more or less the same). All you need to do is draw a sphere in photoshop and make sure it lines up exactly with the borders. Then you can save it as customsampler1.dds (id use the carshader as it has no cavity) in any of the custom shaders to replace the "material". Hope that helps

Thank you!

I attached zip archive to be unpacked in Shaders\Custom folder to get new shaders.

Custom.zip

With Andrew's implementation of the 'Logo' tool with volumetric sculpting, I thought it might be handy

to have a very basic proportional silhouette-type stamp with which to start roughing in characters.

Anyhow, it's proportions are around 7.5 heads tall and you just bulk it out 3-dimensionally as needed

(default is not bad, but you may want to increase in z-depth a little bit before hitting 'enter').

Dunno how useful this is, so mileage may vary.

Enjoy.

:)

*edit* Added a female silhouette as well (slightly different hands--palms forward)

post-475-1234160160_thumb.jpg

male_body.bmp

female_body.bmp

post-475-1234164943_thumb.jpg

a few alphas (pens?)

I made them a long time ago and I'm not very good at those things

(file formats,resolutions ect...)

feel free to goof with them,modify them,use them in commercial or non-commercial projects

...no use to credit me.

TO USE ON 1 MILLION POLYS AT LEAST otherwise they look all the same

Happy Voxing!! :):brush:

a few alphas (pens?)

I made them a long time ago and I'm not very good at those things

(file formats,resolutions ect...)

feel free to goof with them,modify them,use them in commercial or non-commercial projects

...no use to credit me.

TO USE ON 1 MILLION POLYS AT LEAST otherwise they look all the same

Happy Voxing!! :):brush:

I also have been making some pens for everybody.Will upload soon.

Thanks artman!

Hi all,

Decided to put my voxel ear in here from last night. If all goes well it will be distributed with next 3dcoat release as well so people have a voxel sculpt to play with.

post-949-1235070571_thumb.jpg

ear.zip

The only thing i ask of you is that you do not use it as it is and present it as your own work in that way.

If you modify it and incorporate it into your sculpt or make a nice piece of abstract art with it its fine though, even for for commercial projects and you dont need to mention the ear was based on mine.

I hope its of use to some of you. :)

GrtZ JW

Just figured out how to make custom shaders ,so I'll post somethings for everyone to play around with. I'll post more as I make them.

Of course these will look different depending on the textures of your model.

Some of these utilize the additional shader setting options.

If you want me to modify these let me know.When I figure out how to set the bump parameters I will modify.

Put in here:C:\Program Files\3D-Coat-3-00-ALPHA59\Shaders\Custom Or where ever you installed Coat.

P.S. Quick note about bricks shader, this will not map correctly because of lack of U.V's Just use on thin walls then.

Ricks_shaders.rar

post-913-1235151869_thumb.jpg

post-913-1235151877_thumb.jpg

didn't know the best place to put this, but here's a 'shader ball' image that's kinda pearly or

slightly anodized-ish...maybe we'll need some kind of shaders/shader-ball-images forum

sub-category for user-shared content?

anyhow, enjoy for whomever wants. :)

post-475-1235679746_thumb.jpg

pearly.zip

Sethren,all your shader sets are very differents and cool!

Thanx a lot! :) I'll try to make good gamemodels texturing with them.

Hi

I can't download those 4 shader sets.

is it me,or have they been removed?

There were some UI setups to by Akira wich I can't download as well.

Hi

I can't download those 4 shader sets.

is it me,or have they been removed?

There were some UI setups to by Akira wich I can't download as well.

I just tested for my color preset file and it worked here, but the shader sets above were removed.

I'm using firefox 3, maybe it's proxy problem?