3DCoat Forums

Absolute Dumbest Question

Chloe99

Here's the dumbest question. Back in the day (6 months ago?) I had a library of models I created in the upper left corner of my 3d Coat work area. I think I was actually saving them in a spline library. I don't even know how to tell that 3dC to display that (spline?) Library window again.

Alternatively, is there some other way I can have a library of models through which I can browse in 3dC?

post-6850-0-50801000-1337036666_thumb.jp

Spline panel should appear when you choose Curves tool (for now).

You can drag and drop models from your browser into Splines panel inside 3DC or you can drop them to C:\Users\YourName\MyDouments\3D-CoatV3\VoxStamps\Splines (here you may create different folders). Then inside 3DC you'll be able to choose any folder you want to be displayed (small grey triangle in the right upper orner)

Good luck!

hi Daniel,

Thanks. I am trying what you say. I clicked on Airbrush in the voxel room. Then I chose "Draw by Closed Spline" which I assume qualifies as "choosing Curves tool???"? But no spline library appears.

Then I went to C:\Users\YourName\MyDouments\3D-CoatV3\VoxStamps\Splines... at there was one .obj file there. Do you know of some other way to get the Spline Library to appear in the interface?

Nope! :)

You need Curves tool in Voxels Room. See screenshot. Splines panel should appear. There should be more than one model (as they also can be located in C:\PrgramFiles\3D-Coat-V3.7.11\VoxStamp\Splines)

Try that! Write me back :)

post-896-0-90521600-1337163398_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot, I especially appreciate your invitation to persist. I clicked on that Curves tool, but the Splines window didn't come up.

When I navigate to that file through Windows Explorer I only see one .obj file in it. I don't have any idea how those could have been deleted. But I don't know how else to understand this. Do you think I should reinstall 3DC?

post-6850-0-96947800-1337171319_thumb.jp

post-6850-0-15339100-1337171927_thumb.jp

Hey, no problem!

You should definitely reinstall 3DC, since it's been lot of changes since v3.5

Also you may delete 3D-CoatV3 folder from your Documents folder before installing v3.7.11C

Try that, and feedback here!

"Patience and Persistence" © (from Door To Door)