3DCoat Forums

Official and Training YouTube Channel

• Reputable Contributor

I want to express my appreciation for the fine work AbnRanger has done with a really enormous number of well narrated videos.

Thank you for the kind words, Tony. It isn't as easy as it may seem, especially when 3D Coat throws an obstacle in your path, from time to time. :D

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I want to express my appreciation for the fine work AbnRanger has done with a really enormous number of well narrated videos.

Yes, no kidding I've watched all of his vids at least once, and some many times. Much appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

AbnRanger, are you making this videos? They are really excellent for me. I just bought 3D-Coat, and I love the videos. They a such a good way to learn this software. I also really like your voice and as a not native english speaker I understand absolutly everything.

Thank you so much for making such great learning stuff. That was also one reason for me to get into 3d-Coat. Please continue with your work! Allways happy to see a new video!

Best regards!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Carlos, go ahead and delete those last two. Someone quickly put a "dislike" on the them, so I just removed them altogether. If they don't think they're helpful at all, then may as well not even try to help 'em in the first place

• Contributor

This is stupid ABN.

There are always hater around or Fanboys from other apps that dislike other softwares.

I get many dislikes and troll posts on one of my Tutorials because it is in german and not in english.

But i would never delete this tutorial for that people. They should learn german if they have a problem with it. :D

Edited by Malo

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks for the supportive comments guys. Anytime you do something to help others, with the best of intentions, there always seems to be a tomato thrower in the crowd who messes it up for the rest. That's why Youtube is a double-edged sword, as a platform for tutorials. While it's great for embedding videos and has a high degree of traffic, to reach the masses, it's also a magnet for spiteful people. And it's those folks who make you not want to even bother.

I did some additional editing, and re-uploaded the last two.

• Like 3

To disable the Like/Dislike buttons (also known as Ratings) follow this guide:

1. Click "My Videos" (should appear when you click your username at the upper left corner of the screen)
2. Click "Edit" for the video you wish to change (can only be done one video at a time)
3. Under "Broadcasting and Sharing Options, click "Ratings" to expand
4. Under Ratings, click "No, don't allow this video to be rated."
5. Click the Save Changes button for the change to take effect

If people like your video, then they can use the Favorites feature.
Exclusively, the former contributes towards getting "Most Favourited" honours, the latter towards getting "Highest Rated" honours.
Disabling rating precludes you from obtaining the respective honours.

Like Carlos said, you can make it so ratings cannot be done on a video. I would recommend that. I would also recommend putting a thick skin on. As soon as you put your stuff out into the world, everyone is a critic. Removing the videos though, bad form! Leave it up next time. Why should you care what someone clicked on? If it's good, stand behind your work.

• Reputable Contributor

Like Carlos said, you can make it so ratings cannot be done on a video. I would recommend that. I would also recommend putting a thick skin on. As soon as you put your stuff out into the world, everyone is a critic. Removing the videos though, bad form! Leave it up next time. Why should you care what someone clicked on? If it's good, stand behind your work.

It wasn't the first time, and part of the reason I removed them was do some additional editing, to try and improve it a bit more.