3DCoat Forums

Clicking on Eraser Tool Crashes 3D Coat and my Mac

==========================================================================

BUILD: 3.7.10A (GL 64)

HARDWARE: (If applicable) MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo nVidia GeForce 8600M GT 4gb RAM

BUG DESCRIPTION: Out of nowhere, apparently, clicking on the Eraser tool in the Paint Room crashes 3D Coat; I get the spinning beachball. More worrisome is the fact that when I try to force quit out of 3D Coat either through the Force Quit window, the Terminal (kill -INT pid), or through Activity Monitor, my entire computer freezes requiring me to press and hold the power button.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Simply clicking on the Eraser tool.

I have reinstalled 3.7.10A from the installer, but it still happened.

It is happening right now. So I will submit this and then attempt to Force Quit 3D Coat. I'll probably have to restart. HELP!

==========================================================================

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

Jacksonville University

Hello, Eric! Just tried the “Eraser” tool under Mac OS X Lion on iMac and Mac Pro in the Paint Room. The problem doesn’t manifest itself. Please provide additional details. Is the problem reproducible when you start 3D-Coat and select the default plane in Per Pixel Painting mode? Or the problem manifests itself only on your specific scene?

P.S. By the way yesterday the package 3D-Coat 3.7.10A has been updated with several Mac-related bug fixes.