3DCoat Forums

Tutorial Creature

digman

• Reputable Contributor

Hi all, I did two tutorials[tutorial section under my name] on Select and Move in Sculpt move. The "select with gradient" and "select with pen and rectangle" tools are very powerfull featuresi. They are similar to zbrush's masking feature if you are familar with that program. I was able to take a simple model and turn it into a more complex creature( real polygon geometry). Here are a few pictures of the progress so far. I added some more form around the eyes,nostrails added and increased the jaw area since the finish of tutorial part 2 [the file size was getting too large to continue so I had to stop at that point.] The smoothing brush in scuplt mode you use to mold your gradients into your model works fantastic. I hope to start a tutorial on detailing the creature in the near future. 3D-Coat gives us many ways to sculpt. Thanks Andrew.

Update: 2.09beta

5) Select and move now supports symmetry.

6) Gradient select in sculpt mode works better with symmetry and works much better now.

Thank you so much for this!

I have included the original model picture.

orginal model----- appox 3000 polygons, That was for when I saved the model having sourse positions checked for displacement purposes.

carcass model ----- 48,000 polygons (yes it's a little low but for the tut it kept things clicking along. 100,000 polys would be better.)

post-518-1208271220_thumb.jpg

post-518-1208271244_thumb.jpg

post-518-1208271578_thumb.jpg