3DCoat Forums

3D Coat Mannequin w/Subcomponents for Models Pallet

AbnRanger

• Reputable Contributor

Andrew is going to add a Mannequin Model Preset to an upcoming build, but until he does, attached are both the .3b file and the content for the Models Pallet (much like the TInker Pack).

The .3b file is the entire model with layer hierarchy and all. The folder with all the OBJ's and thumbnails should go in: USER/DOCUMENTS/3D COAT/VOX STAMPS/OBJECTS.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Yeah great to see you back! Your posts/videos have taught me a great deal about 3D-Coat!

Thanks for the encouraging words. I know how frustrating it can be to have new features dropped in our lap, but without explanation on how to use them. I also figured giving the community a good starting point (wanted to make it better than the preset model in Mudbox) for character sculpts, would hopefully lead to some (more) awesome works here.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Thanks for the model :)

Very welcome. By the way, (with the .3b file) if you want an instanced limb to be transformed fully independent of the parent limb, move it outside of the parent's hierarchy chain. For example, if you want to pose a character in a running stance, you could move the instance chain (right-click > change parent) so that when you rotate the arm, the arm instance does not rotate with it. Or you could leave it, let it get rotated and just adjust the instance. Whichever way suits your preference.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

I missed this somehow ,a very useful model ,thanks.

It does'nt seem to be in any of the builds that I have including 3.7.18A.

Thanks. Yeah, that's because Andrew hasn't gotten around to putting it in. He said he was going to separate the install into 1) the new App build and 2) assets....that way people don't have to download the assets each time. Should make the downloads/bandwidth usage much smaller and quicker.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Btw I wonder if Andrew has some auto-update service planned for v4 cycle. That would be very nice to be able to tick a "suscribe to beta release" option in preferences (or in an external exe) and see the file auto-update. With a smart delivery system it could also reduce the bandwitdh usage on pilgway server a lot (downloading only modified files compared to downloading the entire setup just by comparing md5 hashes with current files on server.)

• Like 1