3D Coat Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. zeroerr0r

Hello 3DCoat people!

Hi Guys! It's been a while since I met this program. I'm here for my first project. I just wanted to say hello. As for my opinion on 3DCoat, it offers a different workflow, but at a better price than its competitors! Thank you to the contributors. I have some plans for Turkish software training;) Thank you for your support.
  3. Today
  4. Thatcher

[Solved] Not able to add a curve

never mind found the answer here:
  5. The method you are using is for a external model to be used as an alpha creation. It will not create an alpha out of a sculpt room object. To create an alpha from a sculpt room object do this: File menu in the sculpt room. Choose export depth along Y. Make sure your model is facing Y up and centered in world space. Set your texture size and the patch size which is the size of the alpha in the image. Smaller patch size numbers will increase the amount your sculpt alpha fills the inside of your texture image space. Test a few times till you get the hang of it. I like to use tiff as it creates a 16 bit image. Note: Color can be deselected in the dialog box unless you want a separate color image too.
  6. Thatcher

[Solved] Not able to add a curve

I am new to 3D coat and I can't create a curve. Is there something I am missing in the dialog box? I hit apply, but nothing is drawn. I am in Demo mode, is the curve disabled ? I am trying to get a handle on learning 3D coat before I purchase it.
  7. dimitribastos

Roboto-kun

This is Roboto-kun, a wandering robot with a misterious backpack on a desert planet. Who will he encounter in his adventure?
  8. Carlosan

Textures disappeared after adding more objects

Hi Are your comp specs enough ? Are you using latest version 4.8.40 ? Are graphic drivers uptodate ?
  9. Hi all, So today I experienced a whole section of my models textures just randomly disappearing, this seemed to happen after I added some more objects to the 3Dcoat scene, I went into the texture UV editor and the UV's for the objects that lost their textures are all completely grey, like they were never textured. I have tried erasing the grey to see if my textures were underneath, but unfortunately no. I also was not working on Layer 0. I am honestly baffled and I saved over my save so there is no way of going back to an old one and just getting my work back that way... Has anyone else had a problem with textures disappearing after adding objects, and is there absolutely any way of getting them back? Thank you.
  10. Yesterday
  11. Carlosan

[Solved] Importing OBJ for voxel sculpting

Is there possibly a way to convert a surface sculpture to voxel while preserving the details ? No, voxel mode is used for rought details, block modeling, average shapes.
  12. Hi guy's, Trying to make an alpha brush from my sculpt and the use 3d model window doesn't show my object, i tried fiddling with the various axis, rotation and depth but nothing show up. I did another one that was from a sphere where i did some cutoff and it work but this one in the image don't show at all so any help would be appreciated. I also tried to rotate the cube so the sculpt appear on top instead of front view and again nothing show in the alpha capture window. I managed to make it work but honestly i don't have single clue why it finally work since i was simply drag and dropping from voxel layer to model palette and the dialog box for decimating open after many try. I also have another issue since the hand sculpture appear very fainted and when i edit it in 16 bits in photoshop it"s almost not visible even playing with levels or exposure the sculpted hand was not pronounce like the former alpha i made who was clearly visible and i notice with the same procedure that when clicking on edit 16 bits i get 4 alpha channels in photoshop instead of 1? It is very frustrating since i cannot get to speed at all since i always need to come here making a post since i cannot find any info by typing it in Google.
  13. Skye

Baking multiple objects into one UV set

If you already have everything baked, it can mess up everything if you unify UVs. I tried that but process never finished . I tried to move one map back to original UV set but messed up my UV in paint room. Sometimes you have smaller object and bigger on one UV and you need to use different baking cage options. I tried to go with name correspondence and all that but I always ended up to bake things separately. In this video polytoots shows the problem from 24:31
  14. AbnRanger

Camouflage PBR

Thanks for sharing!
  15. AbnRanger

If you have multiple UV sets from Auto-Retopo and such, you can just click the SELECT ALL FACES ON LAYER icon at the bottom of the Retopo Panel (Grid looking icon, 3rd from the right) > in the 2nd drop list menu (MOVE SELECTED) in the upper left part of the toolbar, you can select the UV map you want to move everything to. Another, quicker alternative is to select the UV set you want to use, and in the UV Commands section of the tool panel, click the UNIFY UV button. That puts all polygons/UV shells in the scene into one UV map. Now, you can use Sequential Texture Baking (check it in the Bake Menu) or do it all manually.
  16. Skye

Hello, is there any update on fix? It makes pretty impossible to bake more complex objects. I tried to move UVs in UV room back to first UV map but it takes forever and sometimes messes up in paint room. Thank you
  17. Last week
  18. drwbns

For some reason when I import a model for voxel sculpting, I end up losing a lot of the original details. You can see the low res detail that occurs around the eyes in the below screenshot. Even if I try increasing the voxel resolution, it helps, but my computer can not handle it. I can import as a surface sculpture just fine. Is there possibly a way to convert a surface sculpture to voxel while preserving the details? Thanks for any help.
  19. OK i was trying to do this but i am struggling to find how to drag and drop that object in the 3d model palette, i tried drag and dropping by clicking the voxel layer but it doesnt seem to work and i tried dragging the object from the viewport to the object palette without success, any hint how this work? Edit : Figure it out and here a picture to help others :
  20. Carlosan

Import of curves/spline

Hi Using latest version 4.8.40 Curves > Activate curves editor > Load Curve (eps file format) Then pressing RMB over the curve, a popup show up letting you to select the command Attach tube or model array Hope this help
  21. drwbns

I found what was happening: Import w/o voxelization was checked.
  22. Hello. Is there a guide for importing an obj file for voxel sculpting? I sculpted in mudbox but would like to sculpt some refinements in 3d coat using the voxel tools but the tools do not seem to work the geometry as nice as when starting a vexol sculpt from scratch in 3d coat. Thanks for any help.
  23. The_Mikeman

Camouflage PBR

Hi, about a year ago I made this PBR out of fun and completely forgot about it. Maybe someone can use it. Cheers! Link: https://gum.co/camouflage
  24. co3Darts

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

In sculpt room, build a sphere primitive. Then make sure it's in surface mode. Build a box primitive on same layer, under tool options set mode to add, sub, intersect etc. and a gray box next to it should be there. Click on gray box and apply soft boolean option which allows the intersection edge to be filleted, chamfered when apply button is pressed.
  25. Omni-Moulage

Import of curves/spline

Hello, In order to draw something very precise I would like to not use curves directly from 3Dcoat but import them from another software. (as DesignSpark Mechanical 4.0) Does is possible ? What I want: I created a vase and I want add two ropes perfectly horizontal. But My hand is shaking and the result is bad. Desastrous result
  26. Yeah it seems to hate my objects
  27. I also had strange issues with this tool recently, it's seem to give random results and i now use voxel hide with objectify hiden and it is pretty stable and work as intended.
  28. Not sure what is happening as on my end 100% cuts through. I would normally turn off limit depth for object I wish to cut all the way through but I did test with limiter set to 100% some though not extensively.
  1. Load more activity