3D Coat Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Rygaard

3DCoat 4.9 testing thread

Hi, Since everyone is talking about code or programming language. I would like to know your opinion regarding the Python language. I don't understand much about programming languages, and I know that 3d-coat is made by C ++. But wouldn't it be positive if 3d-coat also supported the Python language? Blender is powerful and the amount of tools and features made through Python is amazing. Wouldn't it be something to be thinking of a bridge between C ++ and Python? I once read an article about it and it seems that this would be possible. Like I said, I don't understand anything about programming, much less I would like to complicate things, but what do you guys think? Maybe 3d-coat would become even more powerful and there are many people who know how to program in python (just look at what they do with blender). Just a thought ...
  3. Innovine

Position when using numpad?

Thanks Carlosan. "Rotate around current pick point" is the one I wanted. If the mouse is over a particular point on the model, and you press a numpad button, that point will become the new view center.
  4. https://robotpencil.artstation.com/store/yr3G/3d-coat-hard-surface-basics 3D Coat, Hard Surface Basics Video 1: Intro to basic UI and navigation and intro useful tools Video 2: Discuss further the tools you'll need to make cool hard surface stuff in 3d coat and more UI basics. Video 3: Making a cool hard surface bust. This product contains: 90 minute video, PSD File, 3d coat file. For more videos please visit Robotpencil.net/tutorials. If you have questions email robotpencil.info@gmail.com
  5. Carlosan

Restrict height/depth for bass relief?

Yes, will be better Sculpt the figure, merge the backplane later. Check this:
  6. Carlosan

Sculpting a ornate picture frame suggestions?

Another idea:
  7. Carlosan

Position when using numpad?

Clicking on the “Camera” drop down arrow located at the upper right side of the interface will reveal a few options for your camera. You can specify a pivot point for your cameras rotational navigation (world center, pick point, etc.). Camera Presets:
  8. Carlosan

How to modify an object with a texture on it

https://all3dp.com/2/blender-recalculate-normals-simply-explained/ Hope this help
  9. Last week
  10. JanCZ

Yes, they are inverted. I checked it in Blender. But what to do about it? On the source model they are ok, so they are inverted during the baking. And there is a lot of them, so no way to fix them manually
  11. Carlosan

Check on any external app if face normals are inverted (creating holes).
  12. JanCZ

So my noble ride with baking continues... As I wrote in te previous post, I have "holes" in the new model with baked in textures. As you can see on the first video. There are not there on the original model. I though I will solve it by displaying the model with double side rendering... Well... No... When I use double side material (its threejs), some parts of the model are blinking, as you can see there (on stairs next to a tower for example): When I use single side rendering, there is no blinking, but there are holes... With the double side, there is blinking, but no holes... Heeelp Thanks
  13. Carlosan

[Solved] Transform Gizmo Woes (Again!!)

Seems in 4.9 transform gizmo stops interaction when navigating.
  14. Carlosan

The source code was always written in C ++.
  15. Dmitry Bedrik

Is the transition from pascal to normal c ++ finally?
  16. AbnRanger

He is chin deep in refactoring. He said it's been the most labor-intensive effort he's ever undergone.
  17. Innovine

Make normal map using sculpt tools?

Thanks, I am making some progress, but about making a BW image... that's kind of the point of doing the sculpt.. I want to sculpt the height data so I can export a normal and heightmap. Looks to me like @micro26 is sculpting directly on top of the texture, which is exactly what I want to achieve.
  18. Skye

You need to import cube into retopo room only and then click Retopo -> Microvertex (no baking), your cube will be in paint room, select 2048 for HD. You need to make black and white version of that image because that image has no height information, then import BW version into stencil and select stencil and on normal map channel only, paint on that cube then Export - high poly mesh. But you still need to make proper black and white image from that.
  19. Innovine

Thanks, but I might need a few more details on what to do here. I imported a cube mesh into the paint room and made a smart material with the texture, applied it with UV mapping, and it looks totally ok. But then I go to sculpt room and choose Paint Mesh -> Sculpt Mesh. I get the cube into the sculpt room, but it has no texture.
  20. L'Ancien Regime

I wish there was a video of you doing this. https://obsproject.com/ Free, and does webcasts and records your screen (or parts thereof) while you work. It does audio too.
  21. micro26

Make a cube with enough resolution take it to paint room and load your image as smart material . Then go back to sculpt room and make your sculpt there. Lastly you take the sculpt with texture over to retopo room and bake a plane with your maps. Another way is import a plane directly into paint room with subd levels and do the sculpt there. Hope it helps
  22. philnolan3d

Andrew has occasionally gone on vacation, perhaps he took a break. Or perhaps he's in the zone, working on something really cool.
  23. Andrew Shpagin

Update? Pink Edges everywhere & Seams not working anymore?

Ok, in next build edges will be marked in different 3 colors to prevent this situation.
  24. Innovine

There's no way to convert the texture to vertex colors, like a reverse of baking?
  25. Skye

Another option on how to apply this stencil is to take your object that you want to use this stencil on in the Retopo room and go with Retopo -> Microvertex (no baking), select stencil and on normal map channel only, you can paint and then Export - high poly mesh. But you still need to make proper black and white image from that. Maybe you can try something like this first and then bring it into 3Dcoat.
  26. Skye

You need to convert it to black and white image and then you can use it as a stencil and sculpt over it. But in this particular image, you will then need to make some level adjustment and overpaint in photoshop to match desired profile, because if those 3 blocks at the top are supposed to be stairs, it doesn't really make sense to see those shadow parts.
  27. Carlosan

Code refactoring is the process of restructuring existing computer code—changing the factoring—without changing its external behavior. Refactoring is intended to improve nonfunctional attributes of the software. Advantages include improved code readability and reduced complexity; these can improve source-code maintainability and create a more expressive internal architecture or object model to improve extensibility.
  1. Load more activity