3D Coat Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. iceage

modo AppLink

I don't think you can set the way Modo interprets green. I think it has more to do with the open Gl viewport.
  3. Today
  4. gbball

New Curves Beta

I created a couple of videos to demonstrate a bit of what I'd like to see here. This is a basic example of manipulating the Voxel or Surface mode sculpt with curves, which would act like pseudo polygons. This was done in Blender by using a subdivided sphere, and a grease pencil stroke drawn on the surface. The grease pencil stroke was then converted to geo, joined to the sphere and then manipulated with volumetric soft selection. This would be a really powerful workflow with curves and voxels/surface sculpts. Even better if in surface mode, the topology could conform to the curves so that we'd get nice sharp edges there. It's not shown here, but I would also like to be able to extrude a curve shape, creating a duplicate curve that would behave like a polygon extrusion. Lastly, it would be great to convert curves to polygons similar to how the strokes tool works in the retopo room.
  5. krynoid

RenderMan render

That explains all our problems, then.
  6. Carlosan

error message saying Renderman not installed, when it is?

I got a reply: Currently "Renderman" is supported only under Windows.
  7. Carlosan

RenderMan render

I got a reply: Currently "Renderman" is supported only under Windows.
  8. Carlosan

Error: "Unable to set render target.

Hi Try Restarting Settings please
  9. smatthews1999

Error: "Unable to set render target.

I am getting this error window every time I start up 3D Coat. My model is not very big. Never seen it before. "Unable to create render target. It is possible to lack of video-memory."
  10. tokikake

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

I believe so ,it is most high-quarity version which I downloaded before (blender cloud, though I have no inention to PR blender cloud etc,,) then Gimp or xnconrvert viewer etc, can load it with color. (hdr version). daz studio too. So I do not know what cuase problem for 3d coat. I tried with directX version too, but it seems same. Then it is just test , (I hoped to see how it look, with use same HDRI for final render, to adjust metal mat) so it not cause me serious problem, But I hope , Andrew test with many format. (at leas about format, which t 3d coat support)
  11. Carlosan

Your hdr file size is 430Mb ?
  12. tokikake

Thanks Carlosan to report. I do not know what make difference to change as grey only about these HDRI, but I tried to re-save as Open-exr with Gimp from your reply. file size becom large,, from 340M to 430M when convert garage.hdr to garage.exr (16k) But when i try to import the new saved garage.exr , 3d coat deny it to open as enviroment map. just , say "incorrect extends, look like png" .
  13. Carlosan

Shader Preview Issues

Hi Your issue was reported to support team. I hope they share a quick solution.
  14. Carlosan

micro26 sketchbook

Yeah, sketch ? looks great ! Amazing skills !
  15. Carlosan

Paint room : How to set up an Emissive texture

You mean layer blending mode ?
  16. haikalle

Hi kumpa. Right now you can't do it. @Carlosan gave me this nice advice to separate presets to emissive/all others. It's work for me but of course it's not the nicest workflow.
  17. kumpa

This is very nice, but is there a way to NOT have emmision layer contributing to albedo when exporting ?
  18. radionix3d

Exporting displacement from paint room produces a grey image

Hm, I'm not sure what's happening but as soon as I turn on a low poly in the paint room displacement dissapears but it's the same low poly mesh! Can someone explain me what's happening?
  19. animk

Gladiotron development thread

Impressive! And You are able to do everything from concept to animation.
  20. animk

micro26 sketchbook

Awesome work!!
  21. Leigh

Shader Preview Issues

I used all of the default parameters Carlosan... using Windows 10. Also after installation I made sure not to launch from the popup window that appears after installation which states not to launch from it if you are using Windows 10.
  22. micro26

micro26 sketchbook

Found some free time and texture this sketch . Very loose sketch but fun.
  23. Yesterday
  24. Tony Nemo

Exporting displacement from paint room produces a grey image

Did you bake Displacement (grayscale height map) and add it to the Save page?
  25. Carlosan

Save Latice Shape in Primitives

You mean this ?
  26. Carlosan

Reported. Importing this panorama FORMAT=32-bit_rle_rgbe, same issue found.
  27. Can this be done ? "Save Latice Shape in Primitives" ? I searched over the forum and googled it but maybe I used the wrong words for the help. Reason is that I would like to re-use some shapes I make and make minor adjustments to the cage.
  28. Carlosan

RenderMan render

This issue was reported to development team, I hope they find a solution soon. Sorry for the inconveniences.
  1. Load more activity