3D Coat Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Carlosan

Steps to take in the rooms to get a final result

What will be the final result used for ?
  3. I have a few uncertainties and maybe I get a little clear insight with this post I Sculpted an organic character with multiple layers (upper body, legs. feet, tail, arms, hands, eyes, iris, ears) + some layers with ornaments applied on some parts (so I will have my main parts "procedural" in case I want to modify the ornaments). I have understanding of UV and topology and watched videos on it. But I wouldn't like to go on wrong path so I am asking a bit of guidance because I am just at the begining with those steps. Questions are: 1. I used Fill Voids after selecting all layers - is it doing it for all ? ( I am asking because for example if I try apply shader on some selected layers it doesn't work - it just applies to one of it). 2. I didn't yet go to Surface Mode and I do not know know if I will need it to for this character. Anyway, going to UV and Retopo it would be a pain to retopo every part. Should I merge all the layers in 1 layer before going to the other rooms ? 3. What else should I do in Sculpt Room before going to Autopo, in order to have a good mesh and not a messy one that would require a lot of tweaking ? 4. If I want to have my character animated in an external animation program and after that in a game platform like unity or unreal are there different approaches I should have regarding the mesh ? a. shoud I paint on vertices and skip UV workflow? or it is out of discussion if I want my character to go into those programs ? b. what bitmaps should I have to build and export from 3DC in order to have similar result in those programs ? displacement, normal, metalness and roughness ? If I use smart materials and also paint room should I export with the option with color and glosiness ? 5. After I have topology + baked maps generated, is it a way to connect what I will do in the Sculpt Room to the retopo and paint rooms so I don't have to do modifications manually ? I mean, in baking microvetex I think it wont be very hard as I just have to repaint a bit the areas but how about the retopology ? Should I just go to the retopo room and delete some polygons and recreate others in the parts where I modified the mesh ? Please excuse my nubish way of questions but still I have more dots to connect in real work, despite the fact that I watched a bunch of videos :).
  4. v377

Save Latice Shape in Primitives

tokikake got it ty
  5. Carlosan

texture expands to edge of UV

Hi Are you working on Orthographic projection ?
  6. Good point Andrew, thanks for clarifying and have a great day.
  7. Falconius

Three D Guns 2 challenge

Looks like a pretty neat competition, thanks for the heads up Carlosan.
  8. Andrew Shpagin

Compress on Save (please reduce compression time)

Compression does not lock edit process, so it packs, but you may continue to work.
  9. tomgarden

texture expands to edge of UV

Hey guys, I really have no way to describe this... I am sure its a thing that many have encountered. So I'm texturing my model and swapping back and forth with PS. I have a layer requiring feathers. Sometimes when jumping back and forth between PS and 3DC the texture gets pulled to the edges and makes this happen (see picture). How can I stop this from happening?
  10. Michael Rosa

Royal Hand

Thought I'd share one of my designs. All work done in 3D Coat. I've always enjoyed heavy handed handguns. The idea of having the choice of having 4 single shots, or one blast of all 4 rounds, just sounds cool to me.
  11. https://hum3d.com/3d-guns-challenge/ Nowadays no game goes without guns or machine-guns. Furthermore, the field for inventing new concepts is so wide that there is no need even to talk about it. Just remember all these fantasy books and Sci-fi movies where the characters have very interesting weaponry, which is the part of their image. Therefore, we are sure that this competition will be of much interest first of all for game artists, character designers, and weapon fans. Everything is as usual: you have to create a weapon 3d model, put it into a 3D environment and make a beautiful render. We don't limit your creative ideas. Participation in the contest is open to all 3D artists, whose works comply with the rules. The contest is supported by the best companies of the 3D world, and so the prizes for the first places look amazing. Also, everyone has an opportunity to receive additional prizes. We’re waiting for your works from March 13 to May 29. Good luck and happy rendering!
  12. Carlosan

FBX export problem

Issue reported to dev team.
  13. Yesterday
  14. Carlosan

Compress on Save (please reduce compression time)

I forwarding this issue to developers
  15. I just upgraded to the latest version and activated "AutoZipScenes" but it takes quite a while to compress the .3b file. Can someone from the team tweak the compression to "Fastest"? I used 7-ZIP to manually zip a file and when chaning the compression level from NORMAL to FASTEST it still gave me a good compression ratio (less than 5% difference in compressed file size) but the compression time was reduced by more than 50%. It's quite annoying to wait for the program to compress a simple file (less than 130MB, one simple object with several texture layers) and wait for 10 seconds No one would care about saving every now and then if 3D Coat would be a stable solution but we all know the thruth, right :P
  16. Mihu83

FBX export problem

Yes, no problem with obj export
  17. Carlosan

FBX export problem

Sorry, i dont know how to help Send support-related question at support@3dcoat.com Note: can you export it as obj ?
  18. Mihu83

FBX export problem

I've tried 4.8.38... no luck. Tried 3 times, every time RAM usage goes up to 97 - 98%, stays there for some time and then display driver crashes. Model is 43 millions, I'm making decimation to 34 - 35 millions during export. Also, this model contains many separate pieces, it's not one big model.
  19. Mihu83

FBX export problem

Thanks for the information. Currently I'm using 4.8.37. I will give a try to 4.8.38.
  20. smatthews1999

Error: "Unable to set render target.

File sent.
  21. ok, this has worked for me. Thanks everyone for help! https://monosnap.com/file/Gkmy3BBaGzuCdQPzrhBbGchihoDGS8 https://monosnap.com/file/rvaGngRNbliXsWArUnL6Kmjvs1BIZP
  22. Last week
  23. polynut

PBR Smart Materials Store Beta!

Sorry if i am late to commenting but i have a few suggestions for the store : Each brush or mask or any other images should have a relevant name and a category since no one in his right mind would browse all these images. Regarding the subscription model i have nothing against it but including a basic subscription of 120 credits for professional license owner and a 60 credits for indie owner would be great.
  24. Carlosan

FBX export problem

Recently we have same report about fbx export. But i was testing the same project using 4.8.38 and fbx file export fine. Are you using latest version ?
  25. Carlosan

[Bug] Shader Preview Issues

I was testing latest version and suddenly, after use Transpose tool all shaders turn black. After 2 restarts and unfroze all models shaders are ok again, very strange. Bug was reported, i hope dev team can find a solution onto next release.
  26. druh0o

[Solved] Clearing "Open Recent" files ?

Probably i found how to do that. Just delete everything between <RecentFiles> ... </RecentFiles> in the Options.xml in the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\3D-CoatV48\
  27. hansolocambo@gmail.com

[Solved] Clearing "Open Recent" files ?

A nice example of how amazingly selfish some people are.
  1. Load more activity