3D Coat Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hello Is not working. Bug confirmed.
  3. AbnRanger

The holes in the voxel mesh bug

When that happens, save the file (separately) and go to the HELP Menu, where there is a link for you to send it to support. When it completes, email (support@3DCoat.com) to let Andrew know you just sent it and the severity of it. Adding a screen grab/shot would be very helpful, plus what build and OS you are using and details to repeat. That will help everybody. It's when users just get frustrated and don't report it, that a problem continues.
  4. animk

Fill voids option is in voxel mode. So your problem is in surface mode.
  5. Can please someone confirm that the pose tool in paint select mode is working properly after 4.8.34-SL version (e.g 4.8.40-SL)? I tried to solve the problem with graphics card drivers update but it is still not working.. problem description: When i select "paint select" in the pose tool drop menu, the brush can't have a continuous stroke, it rather behaves as paint with dabs or totally erratically. I've tried all brushes, even unchecked "use spacing" in brushes but couldn't solve the problem.
  6. digman

What version of 3DC are you using. Are you in Voxel or Surface mode. Which tool or brushes did you use or is it just random. If in Surface mode did you try any of these tools to fix the problem. Picture supplied. Can you upload a picture of the problem. If you have a 3DC file that has the problem, share it if you can.
  7. wonderland78

Sorry for late reply, notifications went into junk. I didn't see the fill voids option, I'll check that out, but I doubt that's it. It's not related to importing objects, it's just that I'll notice perfectly square holes missing and any attempt to manually fill them will just make more randomly appear. At that point the whole scene is just unusable and I have to revert.
  8. Yesterday
  9. AbnRanger

Sketchbook Journey

Very cool stuff, Mack.
  10. MetalDevil

Autoretopology

Ok, I will try that. Thanks for the input.
  11. Mack

Sketchbook Journey

Ty-Ber 772019. Happy Monday everyone.
  12. Carlosan

What kind of windows system does 3d coat use?

3DCoat scripting language is C++ Some code can be added as plugins using Angelscript. Hope it help.
  13. Carlosan

Autoretopology

Try to split your model first, perform autoretopo by parts and then join every section manually The model is very complex for the algorithm to give good result.
  14. AbnRanger

I just talked with Andrew about the small bumps or indents when importing into Voxel Mode. He said it only happens when the mesh is Open, and voxels do not like open meshes. They are volumetric and as such, need some kind of "container" to fill. So, a model needs to be closed and have some thickness. If you have an open mesh, import it into Surface mode....which doesn't care if there is thickness or not. But, later on, if you want to switch to voxel mode, you will see a dialog with an option to close holes, by default. He said he would add a "Close Holes" option for import dialog. https://youtu.be/Dtzu0UvVKGw
  15. AbnRanger

Do you mean small surface indentations? I notice that, too, from time to time. That seems to be something rather recent, because it's only been in the past few months or so, that I've noticed it. In terms of bugs, it's kind of cyclical with me. I can go extended periods with it being relatively stable, and then suddenly have bugs, seemingly all the time. Some of it may have to do with the SL (sculpt layers) version. Try the non-SL versions and see if it happens. If you can get it to repeat, send Andrew a report (support@3dcoat.com). If you could see the bug fix list for most major 3D applications, then you would see a lot problems you were never aware even existed. In 3DCoat, it's usually because the problems are happening in areas you happen to be using. If Andrew doesn't know about it, he cannot fix it.
  16. animk

Do you mean holes inside voxel mesh? Try right click on voxel layer and use "fill voids" and "close invisible hulls"
  17. MetalDevil

Autoretopology

Anyone got any tips of how to make it work? I feel like if I knew how to effectively use it, I can make working on things a little faster. But I can't for the life of me get it to work right. I've used strokes where I think they should go, but it still comes out very ugly. Here is an example with photos. I've put strokes down the blade before, but still comes out ugly. The guard and handle don't always come out right like it did this time. (Steam version)
  18. Last week
  19. tenuki

rotate brush by mouse intead by hotkey?

you can also just set the camera behavior to one of the more familiar options like zbrush or maya - Camara-> Custom Navigation drop down -> Maya
  20. wonderland78

For a while now, I'll dip my toes into 3d coat as it's a very powerful tool, but is without exaggeration, the most buggy piece of software I've ever used in my 20 years of using graphic software. The biggest gripe I have is when holes appear in the voxel mesh at random. And it's not fixable, you just have to start from your last save point. I'll try the software out every now and then to see if newer versions have fixed the bug but each time it's still there. Does anyone know if this issue has been fully addressed and fixed in the most current versions?
  21. I am asking this since a guy made an addon for Blender to make floating windows and pannels so you can switch to second monitor and he say it would work if 3d coat have a windows base system? It's a paid addon with 2 versions so i want to know which one is the best for me. Here the thread if you want more info : https://blenderartists.org/t/floating-windows-the-missing-feature-of-blender-2-8-released/1163493/101
  22. I am adding your request to feature list.
  23. Well I flipped all the files of one map except .lights -unknown to me and basically when I view the map in 3Dcoat it has the look as if the normals are flipped.. Anyway this process tedious and daunting/advanced. I hope @Andrew Shpagin would be willing to add a environment map flip & rotate feature so that we can work on models with the exact kind of lighting on any side of a model.
  24. Carlosan

Material Store forgetting account and credit?

Hello Should you have any purchasing-related questions or requests, address them to sales@3dcoat.com Thx
  25. I'm a long time registered user. a few weeks ago I purchased a couple materials and had remaining credit on the store. Now it won't recognize my account or the email address associated with it. Has anyone else encounter this problem?
  26. Carlosan

Importing ABR Brushes

Brushes, Alphas. Both nomenclatures are the same.
  27. Ktheorin1

Importing ABR Brushes

Where do I find the brushes panel? All I see is alphas and brush options. Is it called brushes or is it under something else?
  28. Carlosan

Importing ABR Brushes

Hi You should just be able to load them into the Brushes panel with the + icon.
  1. Load more activity