3DCoat Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. lambertj21

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

Spike tool will instantly, or within 3 strokes, crash the app. Tested in DX and GL and happens in vox and surface mode. Bug report sent.
  3. SpaceRabbit

Painting functionality suddenly has stopped on one object?

Actually, oddly deleting the one object I had brought into the scene to use as reference made it possible to paint other the one that was misbehaving. Odd, but hey, fixes my issue.
  4. SpaceRabbit

Surface materials was fine, Show Voxels was on, but after turning it off no affect. Any other thoughts? Thanks! --BT
  5. Yesterday
  6. AbnRanger

Renderman support???

Tell Andrew that, so he can get it started up again (support@3dcoat.com). I think one reason why it may have stopped is because the developer who implemented the Renderman support, has been busy creating a brand new GPU Path Tracing render engine in 3DCoat, slated for 3DCoat 2020 (probably late this Spring or Summer). Renderman support is quite limited in it's usefulness in this current implementation, because there is no interactivity, shadow-catching material, etc.
  7. Carlosan

Yes, that stroke modes are not accessible anymore.
  8. Carlosan

Panels surface materials, paint objectsor layers, are not locked View: Show voxels on paint room is off
  9. Edgaras

Edgar's sketchbook

Hi @haikalle thank you! The whole scene took me two weeks to build to this level of detail. The only model that I have downloaded is car (I just edited to introduce some damage in some scenes) everything else was created/designed in 3D Coat. I started modeling the train first and then tought it would be nice to give it a little story and environment.
  10. tcwik

why?
  11. DX stable hmm I need to TEST IT
  12. haikalle

Edgar's sketchbook

That's very inspiring work. How long it took to create this scene?. The detail level is just amazing.
  13. I have a scene, it has three models in it. Each model has it's own UV's and surface materials. I've been working in the file with no problems and have almost finished the work. After saving and coming back, I can no longer paint on one of the models. Nothing is locked, Nothing is freezed, brush works fine on the other objects. Any suggestions? Thank you, --BT
  14. philnolan3d

Superhero Girl

Superhero Girl is all finished sculpting, posed, and 3D printed at about 8 inches tall with the base. Now I'm filling in the seams with wood filler and sanding. Then she'll be primed and painted. But I need suggestions for the color scheme. I've been some sample renders but I'm open to suggestions. I've heard 3 opinions so far and they're all different. I'm partial to the green and white myself.
  15. philnolan3d

3D Scanned Shoe

Very nice! What did you scan with? I've done a number of sneaker scans with Reality Capture and my EinScan Pro+ scanner.
  16. Bungeecow

Renderman support???

I hope this is not true, I just bought 3dCoat because of the Renderman function!!
  17. kenmo

Sketchup files & 3DC

I found a neat model of a midly customized 1946 Ford on 3D Warehouse and brought it into Blender 2.78. Saved as a blender file. Opened it in 2.82 and sent to 3DC via app link. I don't like spending too much time in Blender 2.78 as I find it very confusing. BUT I enjoy Blender 2.8x. One issue and it's not a big problem for me but each part of the model had to be sent individually to 3DC. I suspect it's the nature of modeling in Sketchup and saving each model piece as a Sketchup component?
  18. kenmo

Sketchup files & 3DC

I found a plug in for Blender 2.79 that imports Sketchup files into Blender 2.79. The present version does not work with Blender 2.80. I did not have Blender 2.79 installed on my computer. But I have 2.78 and 2.80, 2.81 & 2.82 installed. As advertised the plugin would not work with 2.8x. However I did install it on 2.7. Once I got the model into Blender 2.82, using the 3DC applink in Blender I sent the file into 3DC's paint room. WOW...quite pleased... https://www.blender3darchitect.com/blender-3d/how-to-import-sketchup-files-to-blender-2-8/ https://github.com/martijnberger/pyslapi/releases Armed with 3DC, MOI3D, Blender & Daz Studio our hobby has gotten to be quite affordable. And throw into the mix Hexagon Silo3D & Vue Creator.
  19. lambertj21

SLOW move tool and smoothing.

Thank you Carlosan, I'm in. This topic has been added to the beta testing thread in case anyone is following.
  20. lambertj21

Issue: Slow move tool and unusable smooth brush. System: ryzen5, 32gb ram, geforce 1660 super 6gb Reproduce: ~2million tris in either vox or surface mode. Any size of move tool has a pause; making for slow move tool based approaches which is critical to me. Larger sized smooth brush is basically unusable while small brush size is perfect. I have cuda turned on. Desired state: A performing move tool would be great. Comparison: Blender sculpt mode on the same machine with 8million tris has a perfectly smooth, non hesitating move tool and the smooth tool can be quite large with little to no delay.
  21. Carlosan

After uninstall, delete manually any 3DC folder inside /Documents. Remember to back up first any personal content.
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/A9J1Y5 Edgaras Cernikas
  22. Carlosan

Mac Version please

macOS Catalina [4.9.34]: http://www.pilgway.com/~sergyi/3DCoat/3DCoat-4.9.34.dmg It is not signed yet! After dragging and dropping item "3DCoat-4.9.34" onto "/Applications" and finishing copying run in Terminal: % xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /Applications/3DCoat-4.9.34/* (note the asterisk at the end) Ensure to check "System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > click the "lock" > select "App Store and identified developers" (when only "App Store" is selected error message is displayed "3DCoat" can't be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store)
  23. Edgaras

Edgar's sketchbook

Thank you @philnolan3d Trains are so much fun to model! Great to see you were inspired by Firefly show!
  24. blackant Master

Les dernières nouveautés de la 4.9

oué, alors justement, le fait d'utiliser megascan dans 3dcoat c'est tout simplement génial, mais par contre la phrase "simply import from defaut download folder " je l'ai jamais utilisé ce dossier, je sais même pas ou il se trouve ... :/ et pour faire mal la seule image de dossier qu'ils montre, c'est flouté tout autour!
  25. philnolan3d

Edgar's sketchbook

That's really cool. Very well done. I've always wanted to do a train since I saw the one Lee Stringer did for the show Firefly.
  1. Load more activity