3D Coat Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. https://polycount.com/discussion/184167/development-log-building-a-complete-car-from-scans-vr-game-dev/p2
  3. Today
  4. Carlosan

Measure

Yes using snap to low poly vertex, but is not working atm. I am reporting the bug. Sorry
  5. Yesterday
  6. I think he said he is gonna try and have a preliminary build out in a weeks, maybe sooner.
  7. Wasili

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

Мощнейший софт! Есть пара мелочей странных) но на фоне такого креативного и комфортного рабочего процесса это мелочи. Невозможно оторваться особенно от скульпта) Когда ты берешь какой нибудь шейдер метала или еще чего, накидываешь на вокселы и режешь этот метал в любом направлении) это невероятная тема. Круто было бы деформировать вокселы или сюрфейсы сплайном. Мне кажется так можно было бы быстро создавать очень гладкие неровности, разные выпуклости и заострения вытягивающиеся по форме сплайна
  8. snickerwicket

adding resolution to low poly model, details disappear

hmm after reviewing the video again, this time all the way to the end, I've found that my solution was in the last 45 seconds of his 10 minute video. My bad. for those that don't want to watch it, after importing the model with your options selected, hit enter to voxelize, and add a bunch of resolution. For whatever reason, hitting enter and typing in a number (try somewhere in the millions, mine looks fine with 500,000) doesn't smooth the model and preserves the hard edges. Thanks guys!
  9. snickerwicket

adding resolution to low poly model, details disappear

animk when I do that then go to voxel mode to start sculpting it still too rigorously smooths my geometry. Carlosan I've watched that video, it doesn't cover lost geometry or smoothing unless I'm missing something. If I am, please point it out.
  10. This is probably something obvious, but I didn't find anything about it and trying to figure out a good way of doing this. I realize that people are going to have their own tastes for this but I saw I was behind a number of (point version) so I grabbed the 4.8.16A. On the Mac it has its own folder which you can drag to the applications directory. My question is this if you have installed brushes, textures etc, if I copy in a new directory with the extension name I would have to go find all those things that were added and re-add to the new 3d-Coat version. Do I change the name to match and let the Mac Merge the folders replacing any existing files? Or do I need to maintain a separate repository of all of the added on items and re-add them to the new version. I hope I am using the right terminology. Any thoughts are appreciated Milo
  11. Wasili

Measure

Can I snap a measure to points? http://take.ms/EONaW
  12. Tony Nemo

GDPR Email is spam?

I think Pilgway has farmed this out. I followed the ling and confirmed that Pilgway can use my data.
  13. calilifestyle

GDPR Email is spam?

yeah need to know also. The email said to click somewhere on it. But there isn't a place to click. Also i don't see anything on the site that says anything
  14. sazberryftw

4.8.18 - Gradient fill doesn't snap to mesh anymore?

Okay, thanks!
  15. Carlosan

No steam summer sale?

Hi Please contact sales@3dcoat.com Thx
  16. Carlosan

4.8.18 - Gradient fill doesn't snap to mesh anymore?

Hello Yes, this bug was reported.
  17. Hey, I installed 3DCoat on my new PC, so I have version 4.8.18. Usually, when you pick point 1 and point 2 within the gradient fill tool, if you click on your mesh, the point snaps to your mesh. However, I am clicking my mesh but the point is actually being set off in the distance. Is this a bug? Perspective when I set points Actual position of points when I move camera
  18. Carlosan

GDPR Email is spam?

I am asking about this and keep informed asap.
  19. JBT27

GDPR Email is spam?

I have had an email asking me to reconfirm my consent for Pilgway to keep my details, otherwise I won't have access to the site nor any builds, unless I reregister. Except that Norton's is reporting the linked site, via the email button, as a phishing site. I am thinking it is not, but am not going to risk it until someone from Pilgway tells me otherwise. And perhaps if you can fix this. Thanks.
  20. Sorda

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

In the tube-array tool, why in the .15 version I can see real-time changes to extrusion settings, profile rotation, and so on, and in .18 only through the "Apply Curve" button? What is that for ..? You repair one, break another, step forward, two back. Who tells you such bad decisions that you enter them, and it only gets worse?
  21. Sorda

New Curves Beta

And why in the .15 version I can see real-time changes to extrusion settings, profile rotation, and so on, and in .18 only through the "Apply Curve" button? What is that for ..?
  22. Erza86

No steam summer sale?

i thought it's gonna be a discount, so i can buy some more on steam
  23. Wondering if we could have some news/screenshots/beta release...
  24. Carlosan

[Solved] Roughness difference between 3d coat and UE4

Will you try triangulate the mesh before baking ?
  25. StabInTheDarkSoftware

[Solved] Roughness difference between 3d coat and UE4

This seems to have no effect for me?
  1. Load more activity