This menu has many functions that are unique to the Sculpt Room, and can only be accessed by RMB clicking on an object in the VoxTree or directly on an object in the 3D viewport. Let’s take a look at these functions.
Show All Hidden Volumes
If any VoxTree objects are hidden, this command will make them visible.
Show Hidden Volumes in Sub-Tree
If any children VoxTree objects are hidden of the object you RMB click on, invoking this command will unhide them.
Deletes the VoxTree object.
Creates a child VoxTree Object.
Renames the object.
Decrease Objects 2X
Decreases the objects size, but also increases the density two fold.
Increase Object 2X
Increases the objects size, but also decreases the density two fold.
To Global Space
Sets the VoxTree objects space to be set to world space, at 0 on X, Y & Z axes.
To Uniform Space
Transform scale along axis and make axis orthogonal to make space uniform.
This function allows you to change the polygonal count of the entire selected object. You can even specify an exact polygonal count with this function.
Allows you to duplicate the geometry in a VoxTree object radially, with any number of slice counts to the array. The geometry will remain in the same VoxTree object it was originally in. The geometry can also be created as instances to their own objects in the VoxTree, instead of the original by turning on “Instance” in the Tool Options panel. Let’s look at the tool options.
- To X/Y/Z: Aligns the Rod Transform gizmo to the specified axis.
- Begin/End: Allows you to specify the exact coordinates numerically of the beginning and end of the Rod Transform gizmo.
- Gizmo Length: Numerically specify the length of the Rod Transform gizmo.
- Screen Based: Sets the size of the gizmo to be relative to the viewport.
- Array Count: The number of radial slices of the array.
- Instance: Create instanced VoxTree objects instead of duplicating the geometry to the same object.
Perform an extrusion on an object.
This function allows you to thicken a VoxTree object. Handy for imported objects that have open areas (not water tight).
Close Holes in Surface
Closes any holes that may be in the current VoxTree object.
Creates an object in the VoxTree for each separated piece of geometry, and places the geometry into those objects.
Save Volume as 3B
Saves the current VoxTree object as it’s own .3B file.
Save Volume w/ Sub-Tree as 3B
Saves the current VoxTree object and it’s children objects as a .3B file.
Import 3B File
Imports another 3B file into the current scene.
Edit Shader Settings
Lets you edit the selected VoxTree object’s current shader.
Two functions reside in this menu.
- Import Point Cloud: Prompts with a file select to choose a point cloud source on disk, then activates the Import tool.
- Import Object: Prompts with a file selector to choose a mesh file on disk, then activates the Import tool.
Various functions for Exporting reside in this menu.
- Export Scene: Exports a multi-object file. Each object in your scene will be a mesh object in your exported file.
- Export Object: Exports only the selected object to a file.
- Save to Meshes Panel: Saves a preset file to disk and automatically places it into the Meshes panel.
- Save to Splines Panel: Saves a preset file to disk and automatically places it into the Splines panel.
Runs the Auto Retopology routine to create an automatically generated mesh with automatically generated UV maps, using 3DCoat proprietary GUUV unwrapping method or another unwrapping algorithm. If you choose you can also specify guides for the edge loops, and even paint areas where you wish more polygonal density to be. You can also specify hard edge options. Read more about AUTOPO by clicking the name above or HERE.
Activates the Transform tool for the object.
Snap to Ground
If an object is above or below 0 on the Y axis, this command will bring the lowest point of the object to 0 on the Y axis.
Lay on Ground
Similar to the Snap to Ground function, by moving an object’s lowest point to 0 on the Y axis, it also will rotate the object when the center mass is not resting on the ground. Imagine an object falling through physical means and coming to a rest on the ground.
Contains all of the cloning/duplication functions. let’s look at each of these functions.
- Clone Instance: Creates an instance of the object. Uses less memory than duplicating.
- Clone: Duplicates the object. The object will be in memory.
- Instance w/ Symmetry: Creates an instances across the symmetry plane you have currently active.
- Clone & Degrade: Duplicates the object and decreases the resolution by half.
- Clone Space Density: Duplicates the object’s density (or resolution) and all transformations (translations, rotations & scaling), but does not duplicate the contents of the object.
Allows you to flip the object on the X, Y & Z axes. This menu also contains a command for flipping the polygon normals of the mesh.
Combine w/ Children
Combines the current layer with all of it’s child layers.
Bake Color From Visible Volumes
Bakes vertex colors from other VoxTree objects to the current one. If the object is in Voxel Mode then it will automatically be converted to Surface Mode.
Merges all visible VoxTree objects into one object.
Merges all the children of the selected layer, but not the selected not.
Copy & Merge With
Duplicates the object and adds the polygons to another object.
Additive boolean operation. Adds the polygons from the selected object to another object, and deletes the current object from the VoxTree.
A subtractive boolean operation. Removes the polygons from the selected object from another object, and deletes the current object from the VoxTree.
An intersection boolean operation. Keeps only the polygons of the current object where they overlap another object. The selected object is deleted from the VoxTree.
Remove Intersection With
An intersection boolean operation, similar to but the exact opposite of Intersect With. Removes only the polygons of the current object where they overlap another object. All objects are retained (not deleted).
A split boolean operation. Separates only the polygons of the current object where they overlap another object and creates a new object in the VoxTree for the polygons that were split from the original.
Assign or change the parent of the selected object to another object in the VoxTree.