3DCoat Forums
    • so youre telling me that 3dcoats usability is just fine how it is? it needs simplifying theres alot of something that does nothing ,   now for the ui, zbrush i can customize the whole ui , and have 100's of submenus down one side without destroying the whole ui , in 3dcoat i can have 3/4 without there just being folder looking tabs all over , drop down boxes would help so much keep things neat and tidy
    • Hello, working on free form cylinder, found these two strange behaviours: if I change the type of drawing from the left top icon, it will reset the tool if I undo a rotation of the lattice, the mesh will be bigger: of course, it's enough to move the lattice vertices to refresh, but it would be nice if won't happen. This video shows the two above points Thanks
    • What do you mean the UI looks outdated? 3ds Max, Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush, etc...have ALL had the same "outdated" UI they have had for decades, but I don't hear people beating down the doors for them to do a complete UI overhaul. They have only made some cosmetic tweaks. 3DCoat likewise has implemented a lot of incremental changes and no one on the staff said anything about making wholesale changes to the structure of the UI. That was just some users voicing their opinion about it. There have been so many improvements, but nobody gives Pilgway credit for those. It's as if all that effort was in vain. They did a complete UI Icon refresh in 3DC 2021. The layer system in 3DCoat doesn't need an overhaul, IMHO. It remains patterned after Photoshop's, now including Layer Mask and Clipping Mask support, plus color image thumbnails on each layer. That's the overhaul, and those improvements alone were long time requests. Now that we have them, one would think users would be happy. Hopefully, Andrew will be able to add Adjustment layers, too.
    • in 2022, alot of attention was around the usability of the ui + the outdated look , plus they said they wanted a layer system something alot like painter .. but to be honest with you , i have no idea whats on the roadmap we get a few tweaks and fixes from time to time , but development has slowed alot!   i think this is my last year using 3Dc ... ive used and paid for 8/9 years of 3dcoat and with each year less and less happens and performance is becoming worst in certain situations , ive said before a simple roadmap or possible implementations is all i need , we 100% need better workflows in 3dcoat ... 
    • I cant replicate, sorry... still trying... test this settings please //edit please share volume56 layer to take a look
    • @Carlosan Here is video example of issues with Vox Layer - after I draw pattern and hit Enter, new layer is created, but it's empty and CTRL+Z does nothing, I need to draw selection again. That happens constantly in multiple 3DC versions... very annoying behaviour and huge time waste.   2024-06-08 22-04-56.mkv
    • Ok. I have just found the insertion of images and it is quite easy ... Kind regards, Modder LS22. Ok. Das Einfügen von Bildern habe ich gerade gefunden und es ist ganz leicht ... Freundliche Grüße, Modder LS22.
    • Hello Carlosan. I'm just about to watch the first video carefully. It actually seems to come very close to what I had in mind. One question: Is there a possibility to upload pictures here to better show my concern ? How do I upload pictures here? Kind regards, ModderLS22. Hallo Carlosan. Ich bin gerade dabei, mir das erste Video genau anzusehen. Es scheint tatsächlich meinen Vorstellungen sehr nahe zu kommen. Eine Frage: Gibt es die Möglichkeit hier Bilder hoch zu laden, um mein Anliegen besser zeigen zu können ? Wie lade ich hier Bilder hoch ? Freundliche Grüße, ModderLS22.  
    • Case: be quiet! Dark Base 701 Midi-Tower - Nikk Tech. CPU/GPU/AIO/SSD Cooler: AQIRYS HYDRA 360 AIO Review - TechPowerUp. Game Controller: GameSir X2s Mobile Controller Review - IGN. Headset/Earbuds: Elysian Acoustic Labs Pilgrim review- Nothing short of magnificent - Android Central. Headset/Earbuds: SOUNDPEATS Space Review - APH Networks. Laptop: MSI Raider GE78HX Gaming Laptop - TweakTown. Monitor/Projector: AOC Agon Pro AG456UCZD 45-inch ultra-wide OLED gaming monitor review- Extreme curve and speedy performance - Tom's Hardware. Monitor/Projector: AOC Gaming U32G3X Monitor - OCinside (German). Mouse: Pulsar Xlite V3 Review - TechPowerUp. PSU: The Enermax Revolution D.F. 12 750W ATX 3.1 PSU Review- Compact Contender - AnandTech. Digital Audio Player: Fiio M23 review- This mid-range digital audio player has all the right upgrades - Android Central. Gaming Chair: Cougar NxSys AERO Gaming Chair - TweakTown. Mini PC: Review- Geekom XT12 Pro (Intel Core i9-12900H) Mini PC - Guru3D. Misc: Icy Dock MB604SPO-B and MB411SPO-1B ToughArmor - OCinside. Router: Netgear Orbi 970 Series Review- Excellent but Exorbitant - WIRED.
    • What Paint Room "re-work" are you referring to? There are some developments (GPU brush engine and node network for Smart Materials if I understood correctly) underway, but I am not aware of an ETA. No one said there was a new UI being developed...just incremental improvements. Layer Mask revamp was part of this + search icon in panels, plus color image thumbnails on each layer, Activity Bar repositioned and made to hide away until you move your cursor near it, etc.
    • hi all .. just wondering does anyone know when the paint room rework is happening ? along with the new ui? i hear it was meant to come in V2022 but havent heard anything since , also anyone noticing serious performance issues for some of the sculpting brushes like flatten and smooth? 
    • Version 4.9.67 is very old, sorry I can test on it. Try Geometry > Edit scene scale Hope this help
    • Yes, as example Shift+E+Z rotate in one direction You can also press space bar to add manually a value.
    • Hi Is this post useful for your issue ?    
    • GIMP 2.10.38 Released This (possibly last) GIMP 2 stable release brings much-requested backports from GTK3, including improved support for tablets on Windows. A number of bug fixes and minor improvements are also included in this release. New features and improvements Improved support for tablets on Windows Backports of other GTK3 features Bugfixes Recent crashes Other fixes Release stats Team news and release process Around GIMP Mirror News Infrastructure and Hardware Sponsors Downloading GIMP 2.10.38 What’s next This news lists the most notable and visible changes. In particular, we do not list every single bug fix or smaller improvement. To get a more complete list of changes, you should refer to the NEWS file or look at the commit history.