Key features and fixes introduced in 3DCoat 4.8.20:
- Import Raw Voxel data speeded up 10-20x;
- Additional axial rotation in text primitive implemented;
- Tutorials/scripted missions for beginners introduced for fast diving in!
- Possibility to click to fill in the material editor (in the fill tool);
- Possibility to store camera/panorama data to the preset;
- RFill (Quad Fill) included into the regular retopo toolset, corrected to work as expected;
- Problems with 8k curvature baking fixed;
- Problem of metallness painting with custom alphas fixed;
- Skip textures export if need (checkbox in the export dialog);
- Cut&Clone tool fixed;
- Correct volume highlight, the problem with completely metallic shaders resolved;
- "Run brush along curve" corrected - it was not working for some UI layouts;
Beta tools, early preview
Tip: Enable beta tools via Edit->Preferences->Show beta tools
- A whole new world of curves introduced! It is similar to famous vector graphics packages, but completely in 3D. It opens a possibility for non-destructive sculpting.
- Joints kitbashing tool in surface sculpt mode. It allows to model using the joints snapping principle. It is like building with bricks, but there could be rather complex models as well. The Joints editor is also available in the retopo room.
Note: those tools are in relatively good shape, but still in development. So please use at your own risk, it is still a Beta.