3DCoat Forums

Navigator (just as Photoshop)

Do you think it would be possible to add an optional navigator (just like Photoshop) to navigate more quickly in very very large scenes (why not with a little zoom to display only the desired part in the navigator) ?

One of my project currently is a very large cathedral, including interior, exterior and peoples, this scene is very very large, and I take alot of time to naviguate from a point to another, and, i'm sure that this will be useful for alot of 3D artists !

:)

Hi BeatKitano,

Thanks for the tips, I already know the camera shortcuts, and they are good ideas, but unfortunately they are too limited to be used on a large scene.

Navigator (just like photoshop) is quite simply more intuitive way to navigate in the global scene, and, used with the camera shortcuts, it would be perfect

(quite simply like the navigator of photoshop but using the camera shortcuts to switch between several camera vector positions)!

Imagine, you have a very large scene, you can put camera shortcuts for some special 3D angles (like interior, exterior, room 1, etc ...) and then use the navigator to displace the camera quickly on this front, without having to put 200 camera shortcuts, nor switch from a camera to another for that.

It will be very useful, trust me ! :)

Edit: This function may remain an alternative (using panel options or preferences), and it is not too complicated to code :rofl: