3DCoat Forums

Rail extrude shape?

Lwmusings

If I'm understanding you correctly here's one way using the curves tool.

See attached pic

1. Create a cube, press ENTER to create it.

2. Drag the cube/layer by the little arrow that appears just to the left of the PLUS sign on the layer when you hover over the layer.....

3. up into the SPLINES area to create a new spline object. Set the Y period (spacing) so that the cubes overlap a bit and create a new spline object.

4. Select the CURVES tool.

5. Select the new CUBE SPLINE OBJECT you just created

6. Draw some curve points, position, scale, rotate etc and press ENTER to make the form, possibly on a new layer if you want to work on seperately before merging it.

post-982-0-74534700-1380883900_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

I created a new spline using the lathe option in primatives(as seen on the right) but when draw a spline with the curves tool I get a space between. Not a continuous curve(as seen in the viewport) How would I make this continuous without the spaces? 

post-2910-0-04392300-1380889136_thumb.pn

Denis: When you create the spline object by dragging an layer in you get a dialog box popup with X,Y,Z period (spacing). It shows you several splines cloned/looped if you like, you usually need to tweak the Y Period setting to set the spacing how you want it. Not sure if this spline spacing can be edited afterwards??