3DCoat Forums

Ability to store arbitrary camera angle reference images

Basically, It'd be nice to have the ability to add reference images at any angle not just dead on X,Y and z.  Like 3/4 or imperfect 3/4 shots. When you have it all lined up in the viewport the way you want then you can lock it so that it rotates with the model and store with the correct camera view with it to sculpt from as well, so you can just jump to the stored view with reference image.

I'm thinking it should be possible to just load in an image so that it's always facing the camera semi-transparent until you get the model all rotated and scaled to match, as well as any 2D scaling/translation necessary with the image. when it's the way you want it, then you just store that view and name it. At that point it should also be possible to rotate with the model just like the regular axis reference images.

Unless I missed this feature, if it's already there, appologies, and I'd love to be pointed in the right direction.