3DCoat Forums

CNC Machine (Tab and Project)

hycoart

Please create a prefabrication program for 3d models no different than operating a cnc machine. You input the size of the metal, wood, plastic, rubber, stone, clay (watery mud or hard clay)substance you want to start with not only in rectilinear measurements (coordinates) but also curve-linear measurements (coordinates). Then you use a interface that lets you enter data like x=?, y=?, z=?, and rotate x=? rotate y=?, rotate z=?, and scale x =?, scale y =? and scale z=?. Where you can decide if the center point of the mass you start with or a specific edge point is or somewhere in between the two the 0,0,0)center of your mass is. I want data entry boxes not line of sight mouse controlled movements. Because my line of sight visually or my mouse-computer set up may be different than your computer's or other people's computer systems align with. Making it hard to aim the cut off tool or add "clay" throigh the current tools and user interface.

I want to build machine parts in 3d. I do not want to make organic shapes like people or animals. Pure organic shapes are harder to make than machine design parts.  Your current sculpting tools may work better for those people with skill in organic structure design where "visual precision and choice" is needed to match their creativity.  But I just need to turn the material and drill holes or inlays or add out-croppings with predetermined measurements. Between people like me (machine part design) and true artists (e.g.  making characters with hair)I ask you create two design teams. One working to make the 3D Coat program usable for professional and hobbyist artists and another team to make 3D Coat into a CNC machine for prefabricated part design:  With one guy on the cnc machine program and everybody else on the harder part making voxel sculpting systems for organic creature/object creators.

Your current academic software is:

1.  unstable, (my computer locks up (i.e. "not responding")

2.  hard to use the interface system to position and reposition the object I am cutting into. My line of visual sight and your positioning system using "visual alignment" instead of data coordinate entries makes it impossible to know what the object really looks like on the other sides I cannot see until after I made the cuts and rotated the object.    

3. not set up so I can leave select panels open or are already open such as the cut off panel with rectangle, circle, square, polygon/lasso choices to select and depth limit data entry boxes I use frequently (every 5 seconds sometimes making changes as tool to use). 

Recommendations

1. Create 3 software teams: Team 1: CNC machine part program, Team 2: Organic Sculpting program, and Team 3:  Painting, Materials and Textures program. Note: Virtual CHNC machines should be able to cut into many different types of objects such as steel or plastic. You should be able to select a object material other than just "clay". So the hard surface or softer surface characteristics are already built in to the program to select from to start the design experience with.

Where each team sets up their own user interface specific to the functional area needed by the artist/architect/designer/user.

I would rather click on one tab and stay in that functional area using each function needed than see wwww.

2. Please never go to subscription service. People hate Autodesk and Adobe Creative Cloud because of the subscription service. Please offer both perpetual license and or a subscription service with good prices so everyone has their needs met. Because people hate Autodesk for many reasons including high pricing and subscription service only pricing people are looking to you to buy from instead.

3. Create a CNC program that lets you extrude and cut with both data entry boxes and measurements to see already superimposed on the object or capable of being entered in a data box so we can prefabricate parts in curvilinear form like we work on an assembly/production line: scientist/engineer/draftsman/mold maker/finisher/parts supplier/presenter-seller for fast design, production, and sale.

Like these 3D models:

https://vitalybulgarov.com/3d-kitbash/black-widow-full-pack-20-discount

https://vitalybulgarov.com/3d-kitbash/ultraborg-subd-wirescables

https://vitalybulgarov.com/3d-kitbash/ultraborg-pistonscaps

And to make these hoses:

https://www.google.com/search?q=flexible+steel+hoses&num=100&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0yOHNlOTWAhWC4iYKHV5KC8wQ_AUICygC&biw=1727&bih=719

To make these: 

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&biw=1727&bih=719&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=rocket+engines+&oq=rocket+engines+&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i30k1j0i5i30k1l3.68797.71852.0.72091.15.15.0.0.0.0.165.2222.0j15.15.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.15.2210...0j0i67k1.0.2ebdQ2kFIJ4

You have the beginning of a super-multimillion product but it still needs work. You must out compete Substance Painter/Mari/Modo/Maya/Mudbox on price, quality, ease of use, and functionality and improve hard surface object creation so no jagged  or mushy edges appear (unless the artist wants that).

Finally. please sell to both professionals and hobbyists.  I am a hobbyist. But the hobbyist of today is the professional of tomorrow. And the tools of a hobbyist today are the tools of scientists tomorrow.

Star Wars films used Q-Tips (e.g. people in pod race crowd), Super Glue, and Macaroni (e.g. ship explosions) in special effects. Whether simple or complex everything is important and usable. 

Best wishes.

Please create a "mold" making "machine" into your 3D Coat program so we can design and share our molds with other people.  You could set it up like you pour hot wax into the mold and enter via a data entry box how much hot wax to add so if you only want 1/2 the depth of the mold you get 1/2 the depth of the "part".

• 4 months later...