3DCoat Forums

Can a surface pro 8 with the highest specs and slim pen 2 run 3Dcoat properly?

I ask because im looking at getting a new computer tablet and i want to use 3Dcoat with it.

But currently i have a surface pro 6 and have used the free trail available. 

I couldnt tell if the issues were the computer or 3Dcoat itself, but after trying to get pen pressure and sensitivity to work with my surface pen. It started to crash when using tools and brushes.

So i want to know how the program is with the latest surface computers and stylus, and if there will be crashes when trying to add pressure to different brushes. 

The Surface Pro 8 outperforms earlier iterations, achieving 100% sRGB, 81.5% AdobeRGB, and 83.5% DCI-P3. Results for the Surface Pro 7 and Surface Pro 7 Plus are 98 percent sRGB, 73 percent AdobeRGB, and 72 percent DCI-P3.
Additionally, the Pro 8 has a maximum brightness of 441 nits and a minimum brightness of 1.9 nits, making it rather appropriate for use in a dim environment without producing glare. However, Pro 8 is not well-liked when used outside because Microsoft does not apply anti-reflective coating (AR / Anti-reflective).

On 6/28/2022 at 2:06 AM, dedricgaylord said:

The Surface Pro 8 outperforms earlier iterations, achieving 100% sRGB, 81.5% AdobeRGB, and 83.5% DCI-P3. Results for the Surface Pro 7 and Surface Pro 7 Plus are 98 percent sRGB, 73 percent AdobeRGB, and 72 percent DCI-P3.
Additionally, the Pro 8 has a maximum brightness of 441 nits and a minimum brightness of 1.9 nits, making it rather appropriate for use in a dim environment without producing glare. However, Pro 8 is not well-liked when used outside because Microsoft does not apply anti-reflective coating (AR / Anti-reflective).

What about the slim pen 2, and how good does it work with 3d coat specifically?